2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: WTB Live Food  (Read 1725 times)

Offline Revaltion131

• Adult
WTB Live Food
« on: April 26, 2009, 19:18:24 »
Hi guys,  I am in urgent need of some live food, be it brine, bloodworms, or other live food item suitable for a fairy wrasse.  This wrasse was eating prepared for over a month, but he has recently fallen sick and while he's active and improving, he isn't eating at all and I'm starting to get worried that he'll starve even if the other issues are knocked out.  I tried Gerber's, but they were out and not sure when they'd get more.  The food doesn't need to be gut-loaded or anything special as I have what I'd need to do that here, I just want to get the guy started eating again.  You can contact me any way you wish on the forums or I can be reached via phone at 848-6547, ask for Lisa.  Thanks!

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
Re: WTB Live Food
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 20:43:10 »
as a last resort you can hatch brine pretty quick, not sure of the nutritional content (have read its not great) Although baby brine has to be better than the adult, since they still have the egg sac.  Most LFS sell the cysts if thats the route you want to go.
75G Mixed Reef w/ 30G sump/refuge

Electrical Engineers do it on impulse, with faster rise times, with more power, and less resistance at higher frequencies, without shorts, until it Hertz

Offline gthorpe2

• Adult
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 20:55:17 »
I know Gerber's has Brine Shrimp and it's great!!!  My fish love it and and corals get a chance every once in a while to get some live food.  I think they are closed on Monday but reopen Tuesday at noon.

Offline Revaltion131

• Adult
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 23:52:19 »
Thanks gthorpe2, but I already knew they carried them.  I went yesterday to get some live brine and the guy I talked to (not one of the three that usually seem fairly clued in) had no idea when they were getting more.  I may have to look into finding decapped brine eggs, but I have no clue who would have them around here.  I know Jack's doesn't and don't know if anyone open on Mondays would carry them.  Can you guys think of anyone?

Nutritional value isn't a concern as I plan to get the fish back onto a good frozen diet as soon as he starts eating again.

Offline gthorpe2

• Adult
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 13:46:00 »
They always get there brine in with the other shipments on Thursday.  Did they have Brine?  If so I'm stopping by tomorrow.

Offline Revaltion131

• Adult
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 17:07:14 »
Thanks, and no, they did not have live brine.

Offline jeblin

• Adult
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 17:23:57 »
Did you ever find any? If not, I can make some calls tomorrow to the LFS down in the Cincinnati area to see if they carry any. I work in downtown Cincinnati, so if I can find some, I can pick it up and bring it up here on my way home tomorrow. I believe one carries copepods (and Coral Ranch does as well but not sure on their hours), but I don't know if those are big enough. Just let me know.

Jerry