2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: *****Ohio Reef picture size limitation *****  (Read 4593 times)

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
*****Ohio Reef picture size limitation *****
« on: September 27, 2010, 20:09:50 »
I am excited to announce that the picture size limitation has been lifted! The BOD unanimously approved the annual premium subscription to Image Shack which gives us.

• unlimited bandwidth
  • unlimited uploads
  • dedicated download/upload
  • premium customer support
  • automatic image backup
The plug-in is fairly straight forward to use.
  • Simply select Choose File
  • Browse your PC for the image you want to upload and click host it! When the upload is complete you will see Uploadsuccessful!
  • In the now new BBCode Image text box that appeared Click and hold down your mouse button and drag and drop into your post box.
Tip: If you want to upload another picture click the   icon

Offline Kenn

• Lifetime Premium Member
Re: *****Ohio Reef picture size limitation *****
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 20:34:26 »
Awesome !!!

TEST ....

Maybe not  :laugh:  ...wonder what I messed up
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 20:38:20 by kennv431 »
Currently doing a 75g build | http://ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=16275.0| tanks of the past : 26g Bowfront LPS and Fish| http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=4858.0 || 37g a little of everything | http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=7751.0

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."   < K >

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 20:48:27 »
Hey Ken, you forgot the last step in the above instructions.  :-ThumbUpsm

BTW: If anyone wants to see the images they or someone else uploaded click this link http://profile.imageshack.us/user/WORCReef and find the tag with your Ohio Reef ID.

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 21:03:17 »
u r the man
SIZE DOES MATTER

Offline Kenn

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 21:13:25 »
 :th_doh:   I did indeed :)
Currently doing a 75g build | http://ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=16275.0| tanks of the past : 26g Bowfront LPS and Fish| http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=4858.0 || 37g a little of everything | http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=7751.0

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."   < K >

Offline Reefinmike

• was Illnino
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2010, 21:23:53 »
awesome, this is going to save me a ton of time, having to log into my photobucket account, fight the ads everywhere to find where I upload, upload, cut, paste, ect.

Offline Reefinmike

• was Illnino
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2010, 23:34:29 »
I know its probably hard to change things around and such, but any chance the picture upload option can me minimized even further? My finger gets tired having to do that extra scroll down to hit "post" ;D

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2010, 23:41:47 »

I can put it in additional options, but then you would have to click that to post the picture. Maybe that is a better place for it though. I just changed it so you can see it both ways. Let me know what you think

Offline Reefinmike

• was Illnino
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2010, 23:45:57 »
yeah, I think thats better, seems like the post button is a bit closer to the text box.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2010, 23:51:06 »

removing this would help get it closer as well

Powered by ImageShack.us

Offline Reefinmike

• was Illnino
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2010, 00:01:57 »
Yup, its better! not a huge deal though

Thanks

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
  • My munchkins! :)
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2010, 07:02:36 »
 :T   AWESOME!!!   :-bannanna

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2010, 17:28:02 »
Any chance we can get a resize option on the uploader.....   We can get the quality we need without using 3MB+ image files.

Offline kattz

• Old surfer dude
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2010, 17:35:27 »
You can easily resize for the web in most apps.  It takes me about a minute at the most to open Photoshop, save for web or device, and post the pic.

Kev
90g SPS and LPS reef tank, 35g sump, ceramic rock by The Alternative Reef, Neptune Apex w 2 X EB8's, Moonlight module, ATI Sunpower Dimmable 8 X 39W T5's, Octopus Extreme 160 skimmer, PM Kalkwasser Reactor, 2 X Vortech MP40's, Geo 618 Ca reactor

Various thriving montipora, acropora, stylopora, wellsophyllia, blastomussa, hammer, anchor, and frogspawn, lobophyllia, rhizotrychus, pavona, scroll, and pagoda SPS and LPS corals, but no fish because I was too stupid to QT...

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2010, 17:47:44 »
You can easily resize for the web in most apps.  It takes me about a minute at the most to open Photoshop, save for web or device, and post the pic.

Kev

Defeats the purpose of having internal hosting.  Their interface handles resizing, we just need the option added.    I don't touch up my images, so opening an editor, is just a step I don't need.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2010, 21:06:00 »
Paul did you mean Compress?

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2010, 21:25:56 »
Paul did you mean Compress?

THat is a commonoption too.  I just meant re-size.   My camera takes images 3872x2592 pixels.   SHould be able to cut the size down to at least 1024x768 and remain good enough for the site.

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2010, 21:30:19 »
I used to have a handy resize tool that was an addon to windows.  all you had to do is right click and image, and "resize for web" was an option. It would create a copy of the image resized.  SUPER handy.
75G Mixed Reef w/ 30G sump/refuge

Electrical Engineers do it on impulse, with faster rise times, with more power, and less resistance at higher frequencies, without shorts, until it Hertz

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2010, 21:41:49 »
I do have the forum configured to automatically resize the image to 800x600, if it didn't you wouldn't be able to see the entire image within the post frame. It is also configured (a feature of SMF) if you click on a picture you can see the non resized version. I think you are looking for Compressing and Optimizing, a post upload processing feature. That would be a nice add on but those API's are not offered in the Image Shack integration tool kit.

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2010, 21:59:57 »
Yes the image is scaled during display to 800x600.   But the full 4MB is still there and has to be loaded by the browser.  Surprising that they don't offer that......just filling up their servers.   I'll just re-size before uploading.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2010, 22:21:33 »
They offer it in their thick client upload and from their site but not the integration kit. If they offer it at some point I will add it.

Offline kattz

• Old surfer dude
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2010, 22:31:25 »
In the meantime, try the "save for web' option in many of the photo software suites; painless.  At least, IMHO.

Kev
90g SPS and LPS reef tank, 35g sump, ceramic rock by The Alternative Reef, Neptune Apex w 2 X EB8's, Moonlight module, ATI Sunpower Dimmable 8 X 39W T5's, Octopus Extreme 160 skimmer, PM Kalkwasser Reactor, 2 X Vortech MP40's, Geo 618 Ca reactor

Various thriving montipora, acropora, stylopora, wellsophyllia, blastomussa, hammer, anchor, and frogspawn, lobophyllia, rhizotrychus, pavona, scroll, and pagoda SPS and LPS corals, but no fish because I was too stupid to QT...

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2010, 22:00:14 »
BTW: If anyone wants to see the images they or someone else uploaded click this link http://profile.imageshack.us/user/WORCReef and find the tag with your Ohio Reef ID.

Look at the images in the October Photo contest, I uploaded and inserted the links, but they do not show up when I use this profile to find the images.  Also I noticed there are a ton of duplicate images on the site.   Appears that we get failures from the upload program, but the images make it.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2010, 22:04:53 »
Paul they show up just fine for me.

The duplicates are not due to any upload failures it is because people upload but forget to paste in the IMG link so they upload again. It is just a bit of a learning curve.

Offline Kenn

« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2010, 22:43:16 »
I have now started using this little program.

Shrunked : Image Resizer for Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey

http://www.darktrojan.net/software/addons/shrunked/

Its a plug-in for the browser that pops up at the top of the page when you start to upload a image, asking if you want to resize it.