2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: 30 and 40 gallon drilled breeders, Jbj 150w viper light  (Read 1532 times)

Offline Reefinmike

• was Illnino
I bought this with intentions of setting it up but I have lost interest to an extent in this hobby. The 40 gallon is in near perfect shape, has two holes drilled in the back left and right corners for 1.5" bulkheads. black trim, no scratches. Bulkheads not included because I never got around to setting this up. $75

Also have a 30 gallon breeder in pretty rough shape, great for a frag tank tho. trim is brown and beat up, glass is scratched and foggy in parts. drilled for a 1" bulkhead and includes said bulkhead. $25

Jbj viper light that has about a year of use on it, I think the starter is out/going out as it makes a buzzing noise and just makes the light flicker sparks through. 150 watt with two bulbs that each have ~6mo use. $40.

located in bellbrook, prices are firm, delivery available for a fee, shoot me a pm or text 937-241-7079.

mike

Offline Kenn

• Lifetime Premium Member
Re: 30 and 40 gallon drilled breeders, Jbj 150w viper light
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 15:47:08 »
Sorry to hear in the loss of interest. I thought you had a great setup

Good luck with selling your stuff!

Currently doing a 75g build | http://ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=16275.0| tanks of the past : 26g Bowfront LPS and Fish| http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=4858.0 || 37g a little of everything | http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=7751.0

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."   < K >

Offline Reefinmike

• was Illnino
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 16:08:08 »
im just trying to keep up with what i already have. the cube tank I neglected for a few months, but im now doing weekly 35% water changes to turn it around.

Offline dlcrawle

• Adult
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 22:11:36 »
any pics of the tanks and lights also what are the dimensions of the tanks I am looking to grow my frags in a seperate tank I have about 30 of them now and think I can get better growth in a frag only tank.

Offline Reefinmike

• was Illnino
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 02:45:20 »
Yeah, ill get some pictures up tomorrow,classic charging batteries excuse. But the 30 gallon is 30.5x18.5x12 I believe and the "40 gallon" is 36x18.5x19, i just calculated it out and its actually a 55 gallon breeder? it is nice for a bigger frag tank or a functional display with an ample footprint for aquascaping.

But the light is most likely an easy fix; it constantly makes the buzzing noise that most magnetic ballasts make before starting up, and it make the bulb flicker. That said, I believe it to be a faulty starter which is easy to replace(6 screws and two wire nuts). Even if a replacement magnetic core is needed, its still a nice, very adjustable, compact clip on lamp.

Offline Reefpete

• My pain is self chosen
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2011, 21:12:00 »
Yeah, ill get some pictures up tomorrow,classic charging batteries excuse. But the 30 gallon is 30.5x18.5x12 I believe and the "40 gallon" is 36x18.5x19, i just calculated it out and its actually a 55 gallon breeder? it is nice for a bigger frag tank or a functional display with an ample footprint for aquascaping.

But the light is most likely an easy fix; it constantly makes the buzzing noise that most magnetic ballasts make before starting up, and it make the bulb flicker. That said, I believe it to be a faulty starter which is easy to replace(6 screws and two wire nuts). Even if a replacement magnetic core is needed, its still a nice, very adjustable, compact clip on lamp.
pm sent.

Offline Reefpete

• My pain is self chosen
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2011, 07:32:18 »
pm sent.
Does anyone know another way of getting a hold of reefinmike?

Offline Reefpete

• My pain is self chosen
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2011, 18:58:34 »
Does anyone know another way of getting a hold of reefinmike?
Well I tried contacting every way I could. No response. Sorry, I tried to wait.