2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: EMERGENCY  (Read 6769 times)

Offline MSUJenn

• Juvenile
Re: EMERGENCY
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2008, 20:07:47 »
Nooo! You can't take your tank down. Let me know if you need anything. I can come over and help you with some stuff. Have you tried the polyfilter brand filters? Those are supposed to be pretty good at removing chemicals and pollutants.

MechanicalEngineer

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2008, 07:30:10 »
Thanks Jenn.  Will has talked me into keeping the tank.  I think I'm going to cut back on how much stuff I have in there by a lot though. My Crayola still has a couple of polyps on it...so hope isn't lost yet.  This has just been a bad week.

I've been running carbon since all of this happened.  I don't know if it has helped or not.  I haven't tried the polyfilters though.

Offline Joel

• Adult
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2008, 07:52:48 »
Jenn is right, poly filters are great at removing metals, meds, chemicals, etc. If you want to try one let me know, I have  both sizes of them.

Offline aquavista99

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2008, 11:58:32 »
 I can donate up to 60 gallons of my established reef water ASAP if you don't mind picking it up and transporting the water. My water is super clean as is and would allow you to completely take down your existing tank for a few hours, empty it, and replace your old water with my established, yet clean, water from my SPS reef. My reef is also free from AEFWs, red bugs, nudies, etc.

Just send me a PM, if interested.

MechanicalEngineer

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2008, 15:14:59 »
Thanks Tim.  Unfortunately, the night is always darkest before the dawn.  (The Dark Knight reference...awesome movie).  Hehe, sorry, couldn't resist.  Anyway, I think we've done all we can at this point...just have to wait and keep up good parameters.

Thanks to everyone that volunteered time, water, salt, and support.  We've done about 70g worth of water changes over the past week and we're running poly filters and plain carbon.

Instead of taking down the tank...I decided to set up a second tank!  LOL.   ::)  I know, I know.  This will be a frag/rescue/emergency tank.  I don't really need a quarantine tank anymore since I'm pretty much done buying corals.  Anyway, it's a 2x10g system with a 70W MH on the top 10g and an 85W PC on the 10g sump.  The tank has been cycling for several weeks now, so it should be just about ready.

Offline verper

« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2008, 15:42:10 »

Instead of taking down the tank...I decided to set up a second tank!

That's the spirit!