2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: 2009 All Ohio CORA Frag Swap - Saturday September 12th - Achbar Grotto  (Read 19110 times)

Offline Zeppelin

• Fry
    • Zeppelins Reef
Re: 2009 All Ohio CORA Frag Swap - Saturday September 12th - Achbar Grotto
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2009, 23:38:21 »
Cool.  Ya, good idea.  We tried to stop people coming in, but allot of them didn't seem to want the name tags.  We should probably promote that process a bit more in the last few e-mails too to make sure people that have trades setup get one at least.  Thanks for the comments.  :)
PEACE.....from Zeppelin

www.corareef.org

Offline chromiumlux

« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2009, 00:03:51 »
I picked up a name tag on the way in, and I'm glad I did. Seemed to make finding people a lot easier so I agree that swappers should get the tag. I noticed that some tables were labeled with real names instead of site names making it harder to figure out who was who. Got lucky and was able to find all my corals and unload some hardware. I have never been to a swap so this was my first time and I enjoyed it very much. I was also lucky to win two of the raffle items. A media reactor from BRS which included rox08 carbon and GFO and a Mighty Mite 50g per day RoDi unit from Air Water Ice. Unbeleivable! as I usually never have any luck at raffles. ;D
There was a lot of nice eye candy to browse over also.Picked up a few nice corals.
All in All I had a great time meeting everyone. Look forward to it again.
Chromiumlux

Offline jd

• Dr. Skimmer
« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2009, 01:21:50 »
I wish I could have went...  :(
Call me Mr. Rev. Dr.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2009, 01:44:42 »
That bottle brush looks really nice.  ;D

Here is a couple of my grabs from the swap.

Grandis

Magician

Monty Undata

Superman

Acans

Offline mdcoblentz

• Juvenile
« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2009, 07:52:23 »
ok... very jealous of chromium for winning the BRS canister and media. I put 8 tickets in that thing. and jealous of Lazy for the superman frag and magician frag. I got orange envy's, a nightmare polyp, Valentines day massacre polyp, a rainbow yuma, and a unbelievable lookin spartan paly.  it is sweet!!! I enjoyed the swap! lots of people again this year! I enjoy people watching there as well. got pretty lucky in the raffle as well. for awhile there I couldn't sit down cuz I had to keep getting up to go back up! lol never been that lucky in my life!
Inspired!!!

Reefd Up

« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2009, 07:59:27 »
Biran, I call first dibs on the Magician babies!  :laugh:

Offline Zeppelin

• Fry
    • Zeppelins Reef
« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2009, 10:45:09 »
OK, tell us what you think.  In order to keep things centralized, please comment in our swap thread on RC.  What did you like?  What could we have done better?  What was your overall experience?  We appreciate any feedback you can provide to help us continue to bring you the highest quality product possible.

Here is the thread link:
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1640415&perpage=25&pagenumber=3

Thanks again for making this year's CORA All Ohio Frag Swap enjoyable for all of us here at CORA.
PEACE.....from Zeppelin

www.corareef.org

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2009, 13:19:56 »
Garf Bonsai - yzReef   (sitting next to the chips from yzreef that I got from our swap)

tricolor acro from Paul's Reef  (Also got an electric blue milli.....just not very electric right now)

Mike Paletta Pink Tip....I think a bunch of us got this one

Rasberry Milli - the flourecent green base is interesting.

Blue Tipped Turraki