2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Anemone  (Read 3052 times)

Offline Learning_The_Hard_Way

• Adult
Anemone
« on: December 26, 2009, 10:22:11 »
I want to get my first Amemone to host 2 Ocellaris Clownfish.  Whats your favortie varaitiy/color and why?  Im not looking for anything exotic just the best bang for the buck and nice looking in the tank.

Offline stickboy_107

• Adult
  • GIVE ME ONE OF EVERYTHING [just dont tell my wife]
Re: Anemone
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2009, 11:01:13 »
Call Rich at Coral Ranch. He has some long tentacle anemones that are reasonably priced. I got one about a month ago that when it expands is about the size of a dinner plate. Plus the guys there are really great at helping you out.
As for favorite, I really like RBTA.  They have great color, real hardy, and easy to take care of.
Just remember, all anemones like to wander around at first until they find a spot that they feel comfortable with. If you have any power heads in your tank, make sure you cover the intake side just in case your Anemone gets to close. I lost one that way.

Offline UDJustin

• Adult
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2009, 11:14:00 »
you might also want to think of which anemone will your clowns pair up in, remember all clowns will not host in all anemones.
If you didn't know I'm kind of a big deal...

Offline Joel

• Adult
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2009, 11:40:37 »
remember all clowns will not host in all anemones.

you mean, not all anemone will host all clown fish. The anemone is the host.....geesh.... :laugh:

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2009, 22:03:33 »
justin is kinda slow

you mean, not all anemone will host all clown fish. The anemone is the host.....geesh.... :laugh:
SIZE DOES MATTER