2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: hey all you photographers  (Read 2551 times)

Offline Amstar

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
hey all you photographers
« on: November 14, 2010, 20:49:44 »
Looking to buy a new point and shoot camera.  Family accident killed our sony cybershot.  we are looking at getting the sony cybershot T99. 

Any thoughts on a point on shoot camera for $300 or less.  We only take pics of the kids, holidays, birthdays etc.

Offline kattz

• Old surfer dude
Re: hey all you photographers
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 20:57:08 »
Yes... go to DPReview.com and see what's recommended before buying.   You might try fredmiranda.com, too.  Me, I use my cell for snapshots and my Nikon DSLR's for everything else, so I have no advice on a p&s.

Kev
90g SPS and LPS reef tank, 35g sump, ceramic rock by The Alternative Reef, Neptune Apex w 2 X EB8's, Moonlight module, ATI Sunpower Dimmable 8 X 39W T5's, Octopus Extreme 160 skimmer, PM Kalkwasser Reactor, 2 X Vortech MP40's, Geo 618 Ca reactor

Various thriving montipora, acropora, stylopora, wellsophyllia, blastomussa, hammer, anchor, and frogspawn, lobophyllia, rhizotrychus, pavona, scroll, and pagoda SPS and LPS corals, but no fish because I was too stupid to QT...

Offline TechGuy

• "Fraginator"
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 21:58:48 »
Yes... go to DPReview.com and see what's recommended before buying.   You might try fredmiranda.com, too.  Me, I use my cell for snapshots and my Nikon DSLR's for everything else, so I have no advice on a p&s.

Kev

Ditto that. Another site I used to visit was stevesdigicams.com In the P&S category, I would stay away from Sanyo and Kodak. From my experience anyways. Check out Click Camera (now Dod Camera), get your hands on a few cameras, and go from there.

Does this Sony use the memory stick format? If so, RUN! They are expensive lol.

Offline Amstar

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2010, 22:45:45 »
thanks for the websites the helped.

I am now looking at at sony cybershot tx9.  It has a 32Mb worth of memory (plus it accepts the memory cards we already have) face detection technology, 3.5" touch screen monitor, steady shot image stablization, 3D sweep panorama capture, 10 scene modes, 9 point focus, burst shooting mode , white balance modes, HD movie mode... for about 350 bucks.

Offline kattz

• Old surfer dude
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 09:21:19 »
Look at reviews!
90g SPS and LPS reef tank, 35g sump, ceramic rock by The Alternative Reef, Neptune Apex w 2 X EB8's, Moonlight module, ATI Sunpower Dimmable 8 X 39W T5's, Octopus Extreme 160 skimmer, PM Kalkwasser Reactor, 2 X Vortech MP40's, Geo 618 Ca reactor

Various thriving montipora, acropora, stylopora, wellsophyllia, blastomussa, hammer, anchor, and frogspawn, lobophyllia, rhizotrychus, pavona, scroll, and pagoda SPS and LPS corals, but no fish because I was too stupid to QT...