2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Hello from Springfield  (Read 2755 times)

Offline treasuregr

• Fry
Hello from Springfield
« on: February 26, 2011, 22:21:14 »
I am new to the Forum, but some of you may know my daughter Erin Smith, that is a member. I am in the process of
going from a 29gal. FOWLR to more of a Reef tank. I am very drawn to the "Chalice Corals", LPS and Zoos.  I am looking forward
to the Frag Swap in April.  Erin says, I need "Chaeto"   ^-^  so, hopefully some will have that.
 I still have a lot of learn, so back to the Forum!

Teresa Smith

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
Re: Hello from Springfield
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 22:27:36 »
Welcome Teresa. Your daughter Erin is Hunter21?

Offline stickboy_107

• Adult
  • GIVE ME ONE OF EVERYTHING [just dont tell my wife]
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 22:30:03 »
Welcome to the club glad to see someone else around us.  :smiley-happy112:

Offline Secondgen

• Lifetime Premium Member
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 22:30:33 »
Welcome it is good to have you here.

Offline Kenn

• Lifetime Premium Member
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 23:16:30 »
Welcome !! :)
Currently doing a 75g build | http://ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=16275.0| tanks of the past : 26g Bowfront LPS and Fish| http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=4858.0 || 37g a little of everything | http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=7751.0

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."   < K >

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2011, 23:18:35 »
welcome glad to have u
SIZE DOES MATTER

Offline treasuregr

• Fry
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2011, 23:48:43 »
Welcome Teresa. Your daughter Erin is Hunter21?

Yes, that would be her! Has she picked your brain dry yet?  :)

Are you coming to the Frag Swap, if so, will you have a table? Erin says, I need "Chaeto". By then, I would like to add some "Softies".

Teresa

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2011, 00:34:11 »
welcome
75G Mixed Reef w/ 30G sump/refuge

Electrical Engineers do it on impulse, with faster rise times, with more power, and less resistance at higher frequencies, without shorts, until it Hertz

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2011, 00:53:17 »
Yes, that would be her! Has she picked your brain dry yet?  :)

Are you coming to the Frag Swap, if so, will you have a table? Erin says, I need "Chaeto". By then, I would like to add some "Softies".

Teresa
I will be at the swap. There are already a few nice softies on frag swapper and likely quite a bit more coming over the next 2 months. All the good deals are had there and already spoken for prior to the swap so if you haven't already, register and check each evening for now corals. If I had chaeto you would be welcome to it but don't currently have a refugium.

Erin is one of the few original Ohio Reef members that is still in the hobby and commonly still active on here.  :-ThumbUpsm

Offline treasuregr

• Fry
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2011, 03:13:05 »
I will be at the swap. There are already a few nice softies on frag swapper and likely quite a bit more coming over the next 2 months. All the good deals are had there and already spoken for prior to the swap so if you haven't already, register and check each evening for now corals. If I had chaeto you would be welcome to it but don't currently have a refugium.

Erin is one of the few original Ohio Reef members that is still in the hobby and commonly still active on here.  :-ThumbUpsm

I registered for the Frag Swap, but did not know, I needed to pre-order. So, I'll keep watch on those bringing softies. Thanks for the tip!

Erin has been passing along  the knowledge of others from Ohio Reef Forum, all these yrs.  I thought, it is high time, I join. If all goes well with the 29 gal upgrade, I want to start on a 125 gal. for the LVR.   :-ThumbUpsm

Offline bamaguy

• Fry
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2011, 07:27:51 »
Welcome to the club

Offline tidepool

• Adult
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2011, 08:46:44 »
Welcome to the Club.... I work out in Springfield, so if you ever need anything let me know... as far as needing "cheato" - check out some of the "for sale" and "free for the taking" - someone always has some they are trying to get rid of as they do maintenance on their sump...

Offline sticks_wife

• Adult
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2011, 10:31:27 »
Hello and welcome. Always glad to have new members.
IF you don't get any cheato by the swap, I saw that aquavista has some he will be bringing for $! per bag. It's listed on fragswapper. Other than that, you can always put up a post asking for some. People are usually really great to respond.

Offline treasuregr

• Fry
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2011, 01:01:31 »
Welcome to the Club.... I work out in Springfield, so if you ever need anything let me know... as far as needing "cheato" - check out some of the "for sale" and "free for the taking" - someone always has some they are trying to get rid of as they do maintenance on their sump...

Thanks! Good to know,  I am not ready for it yet, still upgrading the refuge.  :)

Offline Hunter21

• Adult
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2011, 12:28:50 »
Welcome to the club glad to see someone else around us.  :smiley-happy112:

Do ya'll still have the puffer ya got from me?  :-ThumbUpsm
Erin