2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Ooooooooh what're you?!  (Read 1829 times)

Offline Ballyhoo

• Juvenile
Ooooooooh what're you?!
« on: March 27, 2012, 18:56:52 »
Picked this little fella up from salty critter for 10$
Any opinion on what it is? I'm assuming the orange is a zoa of some sort but I'm not sure about the other heads.

As they both sank to the bottom of the river, the frog said "do you mind if I ask you something? You said there would be no logic in your stinging me. Why did you do it?" "It has nothing to do with logic," the drowning scorpion sadly replied. "It's just self destruction is my nature."

Offline The WuSue

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
Re: Ooooooooh what're you?!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 18:59:38 »
Looks like green palys.  Nice color and quick growers.

Offline Ballyhoo

• Juvenile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 19:22:05 »
Looks like green palys.  Nice color and quick growers.

Will they out compete the zoas? I can try to cut the palys and attempt to epoxy (that purple stuff is such a pain) them down.
As they both sank to the bottom of the river, the frog said "do you mind if I ask you something? You said there would be no logic in your stinging me. Why did you do it?" "It has nothing to do with logic," the drowning scorpion sadly replied. "It's just self destruction is my nature."

Offline The WuSue

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 19:32:57 »
Depends on the paly and the zoa.... Ive had it happen both ways in my tank. 

Offline Ballyhoo

• Juvenile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 20:09:57 »
Depends on the paly and the zoa.... Ive had it happen both ways in my tank.

Hope the zoas hold their own

Offline buk

• Juvenile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 21:02:45 »
looks like a variant of kedds redds and texas trash palys. the trash palys will most likely out compete the zoas for space but it's hard to say how much real estate they have now. if the palys are just kinda crammed in there without a full foot hold they may be forced out.

Offline Ballyhoo

• Juvenile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2012, 22:04:26 »
looks like a variant of kedds redds and texas trash palys. the trash palys will most likely out compete the zoas for space but it's hard to say how much real estate they have now. if the palys are just kinda crammed in there without a full foot hold they may be forced out.

Think the trash palys can be relocated? I googled a picture of a colony and really liked how they looked.

Offline buk

• Juvenile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2012, 08:35:25 »
yeah the palys are very hardy and with a little patience can be removed with a sharp razor and glued to another rock or plug or tossed if you don't want them.

Offline Reefpete

• My pain is self chosen
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2012, 12:47:24 »
 >:D Told ya! ;)

Offline Ballyhoo

• Juvenile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2012, 20:42:48 »
>:D Told ya! ;)

I forgot, you're always right!!  :silence: