2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: New aquascape  (Read 1003 times)

Offline Heinbaughb

• Adult
New aquascape
« on: May 10, 2020, 20:10:57 »
Thanks to SmokesReef for lending a hand and Lazy for some really awesome cured Real Reef Rock, I was able to do the major rescape that was over due.

Here is my before and after. I’m really happy with how it turned out. Still need to smoother out some pocilipora and monti cap on the overflows but the hard part is done.

Offline CoralBeauties

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
Re: New aquascape
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2020, 21:34:41 »
Has a much more open look to it.  Looks like the corals got a hair cut also.  Whats your juv. angel?
Jeff

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2020, 21:43:47 »
Looks good. Nice stack.

Offline Heinbaughb

• Adult
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2020, 21:44:49 »
Has a much more open look to it.  Looks like the corals got a hair cut also.  Whats your juv. angel?
Jeff

I sold off most of the colonies and replaced 50-70% of the rock. My goal this round was to get rid of my center island/racetrack style scape and push everything back towards the overflows. One piece from Lazy is a nice mini shelf that gave me a sweet cove. The old rock is now in my sump. That angel is an emporer and he’s getting big quickly. I’m glad that I was able to give all the fish more room to swim.

Offline JSellars

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2020, 01:02:02 »
I’m gonna miss the old scape, it was absolutely amazing. But there is no doubt in my mind that you will go even bigger and better with the new setup!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk