2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Corals and Anemones touching the good and the bad!!  (Read 2712 times)

Offline aquaticsjunkie

• Egg
Corals and Anemones touching the good and the bad!!
« on: August 07, 2009, 12:05:18 »
ALright i have a long tentacle anemone and a candy cane coral that are touching right now due to the anemone detaching and floating to a new location in the tank.  Is this going to hurt the candy cane coral or will it be ok as long as it doesnt take away the light source?
Also i was wondering are all corals of the same species compatible to touch each other?  What is and what isnt?
Thanks
Eric

Offline TechGuy

• "Fraginator"
Re: Corals and Anemones touching the good and the bad!!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 12:19:17 »
Yes it will. My Anemone, Hammer, and Torch have touched my Candy. They shrivel up for a few days. They haven't killed it yet, but I wouldn't take that chance.

Can the same species touch? Yea, kinda, but no lol. You really should research each Coral before you buy them. Some Corals fight chemically with each other, some will sting others, etc..

Offline aquaticsjunkie

• Egg
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 13:07:40 »
sweet for example i have three different ricordia frags in the same vicinity of each other which are goingto end up touching eventually.  Would they all be ok touching or not.  ill have to move the candy cane i guess.
Thanks
Eric

Offline TechGuy

• "Fraginator"
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 13:14:50 »
sweet for example i have three different ricordia frags in the same vicinity of each other which are goingto end up touching eventually.  Would they all be ok touching or not.  ill have to move the candy cane i guess.
Thanks
Eric

Richordia is fine. I have several kinds on a rock. 40+ heads or so.