2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Glass cleaner  (Read 1076 times)

Offline Amstar

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
Glass cleaner
« on: June 27, 2020, 15:12:38 »
What do you use to clean your glass?  Seems that’s all I do is clean the glass (maybe I just like it really clean)

Offline Heinbaughb

• Adult
Re: Glass cleaner
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2020, 23:31:57 »
I love using the Tunze Long on my 120g. No risk of scratching the glass and I use a combination of metal blade on the wide side and a plastic blade on the narrow side to make corners easier. I’ve had a flipper in the past and it felt weaker and an inferior design to me. Nobody really uses the scrubby side anyway.

Offline Steve

• Adult
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2020, 20:05:19 »
Mag-Float with scraper.

Offline Amstar

• Adult
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2020, 20:48:45 »
I’m torn between a tunze and a flipper.  Issue I have it’s for my nano tank so I need something smaller to get around the small spaces between the rock and the walls

Offline Gemcitydoor

• Fry
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2020, 16:26:08 »
Some will probably disagree but I did extensive research before attempting. I found a big article that finally assured me and if I can find it I will share but I’ve been using magic erasers for about a year with no issues and my glass has never been cleaner and has never affected anything in my tank and it’s way cheaper than all the mag floats I wasted money on. Just my 2 cents

Offline Amstar

• Adult
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2020, 19:46:56 »
I have heard things about that as well.  I would be interested in the article if you can find

Offline Heinbaughb

• Adult
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2020, 22:12:49 »
Some will probably disagree but I did extensive research before attempting. I found a big article that finally assured me and if I can find it I will share but I’ve been using magic erasers for about a year with no issues and my glass has never been cleaner and has never affected anything in my tank and it’s way cheaper than all the mag floats I wasted money on. Just my 2 cents

I also use the magic eraser when I can, they work great at the stubborn stuff. Only problem is if you have a tough to reach or narrow area that you can’t get your hand to.