2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Magnetic frag tray  (Read 1548 times)

Offline kattz

• Old surfer dude
Magnetic frag tray
« on: February 12, 2011, 21:08:30 »
I have a lot of frags on the bottom of my tank due to the LED's, and want to start moving them up slowly.  Does anyone have, or know where I can purchase tomorrow, a frag tray that attaches to the glass with magnets?  Everything is on plugs.

Thanks.

Kev
90g SPS and LPS reef tank, 35g sump, ceramic rock by The Alternative Reef, Neptune Apex w 2 X EB8's, Moonlight module, ATI Sunpower Dimmable 8 X 39W T5's, Octopus Extreme 160 skimmer, PM Kalkwasser Reactor, 2 X Vortech MP40's, Geo 618 Ca reactor

Various thriving montipora, acropora, stylopora, wellsophyllia, blastomussa, hammer, anchor, and frogspawn, lobophyllia, rhizotrychus, pavona, scroll, and pagoda SPS and LPS corals, but no fish because I was too stupid to QT...

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
Re: Magnetic frag tray
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 22:16:14 »
There is a much healthier, easier, cheaper way. Get some aluminum screen at lowes. It runs about 10$ for a role. Cut it with scissors into sheets and lay them across the top of the tank. Remove a layer each week. The reason I say healthier is because higher in the tank is not always more par and in some cases an inch can change PAR by more then 100 and other times not at all. Using layers of screen everything will gradually increase PAR evenly. Put your corals where you want them and keep them there. Acclimate them to the light without changing other things such as flow if you were moving them all the time

Offline kattz

• Old surfer dude
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 22:38:08 »
Brian, I'm growing out some frags, and probably will not mount them for a while.  I wish I had your setup!  Thanks for the info on the screen; I've just been turning down the LED %.  I'll try the screen when I put these in place.
90g SPS and LPS reef tank, 35g sump, ceramic rock by The Alternative Reef, Neptune Apex w 2 X EB8's, Moonlight module, ATI Sunpower Dimmable 8 X 39W T5's, Octopus Extreme 160 skimmer, PM Kalkwasser Reactor, 2 X Vortech MP40's, Geo 618 Ca reactor

Various thriving montipora, acropora, stylopora, wellsophyllia, blastomussa, hammer, anchor, and frogspawn, lobophyllia, rhizotrychus, pavona, scroll, and pagoda SPS and LPS corals, but no fish because I was too stupid to QT...

Offline Kenn

• Lifetime Premium Member
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 22:41:27 »
 :th_ShowLetter:

There is a much healthier, easier, cheaper way. Get some aluminum screen at lowes. It runs about 10$ for a role. Cut it with scissors into sheets and lay them across the top of the tank. Remove a layer each week. The reason I say healthier is because higher in the tank is not always more par and in some cases an inch can change PAR by more then 100 and other times not at all. Using layers of screen everything will gradually increase PAR evenly. Put your corals where you want them and keep them there. Acclimate them to the light without changing other things such as flow if you were moving them all the time
Currently doing a 75g build | http://ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=16275.0| tanks of the past : 26g Bowfront LPS and Fish| http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=4858.0 || 37g a little of everything | http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=7751.0

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."   < K >

Offline Myreef55

• Adult
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 17:01:27 »
I have a rack that is just little too big for my tank. Let me know if you still need one I can post a picture if you like.

Offline kattz

• Old surfer dude
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2011, 21:09:53 »
I'm good, now.  Thanks.

Kev