2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Oddball items, price drop.  (Read 1509 times)

Offline The WuSue

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
Oddball items, price drop.
« on: August 10, 2011, 09:37:19 »
As will undoubtedly happen to anyone in a dedicated hobby, you end up with good items you just don't have a use for.  Instead of taking my Father's and Grandfather's approach and hoarding all of it for the day that never comes, I would like to find it a good home. I figured for convenience, I would make pricing simple.  So the formula I plan to use is this. Unused or barely used items will be 50% of what I paid for them.  Used items will be sold for $10 less than I would estimate a good price for the item in the condition it is in.  (I said it would be simple, I didn't say it wouldn't involve some head space voodoo.)

Items for sale are as follows:

Brand new single end 150 Watt 14K bulb. Comes with industrial hood and an old holophane 150 watt ballast. This set up isn't the prettiest or the most energy efficient, but it would work very well over a smaller tank or a frag tank.
$30

Gently used (roughly 60 hours) double end 10K 250 watt bulb.
$20

Hexagon tank with stand, hood, T8 light hang on back filter, gravel etc.  Currently houses one Oranda gold fish. (We'll find a home for him if you don't want him.)
$70

Reptile Tank 20 gallons with locking screen lid.
$20

Twenty pounds of dry lace rock and rubble.
Sold

Unused well cover for a fluval 303-403 with unused Insert O ring.
Free

Large bag of bioballs
Sold

I think I might have other items to offer in the future as it looks like (extremely regrettably) we will be tearing down our wonderful 75g and turning it into a freshwater angel tank. (New house policy of absolutely no sump tanks upstairs means creation of ultra amazing 200g downstairs and everything else goes to canisters.) But that's a whole nother thread...

As always, give me (Wudi) or Carly a call if you have any questions. (Due to busy schedule we probably won't be able to meet halfway unless you live in Springfield or Urbana.)

Wudi 937-206-5368
Carly 937-215-1125

« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 08:53:49 by The WuSue »

Offline kattz

• Old surfer dude
Re: Cleaning out what we aren't using....
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 09:57:15 »
How large is the hex tank and is there a stand?  My daughter wants a poison dart frog terrarium.
90g SPS and LPS reef tank, 35g sump, ceramic rock by The Alternative Reef, Neptune Apex w 2 X EB8's, Moonlight module, ATI Sunpower Dimmable 8 X 39W T5's, Octopus Extreme 160 skimmer, PM Kalkwasser Reactor, 2 X Vortech MP40's, Geo 618 Ca reactor

Various thriving montipora, acropora, stylopora, wellsophyllia, blastomussa, hammer, anchor, and frogspawn, lobophyllia, rhizotrychus, pavona, scroll, and pagoda SPS and LPS corals, but no fish because I was too stupid to QT...

Offline itsalifestyle

• Adult
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 10:13:02 »
I wanna take a look when I come out let me know call or text thanks

Offline The WuSue

• Adult
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 12:13:35 »
Kattz: The hex tank I believe is a 29 gallon and the stand is in good condition. The stand is a mahogany color and could use some attention on the top, but the sides look fine. 
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 14:13:56 by The WuSue »

Offline gthorpe2

• Adult
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 14:34:33 »
How large is the hex tank and is there a stand?  My daughter wants a poison dart frog terrarium.

I've got some poison dart frogs... I can get you any information if needed.  PM me if you want.  I'm really close to a couple breeders around the area too.

One more thing, not trying to tell you what to do, but if it's a tall tank, ALL of your beginner frogs NEED more ground space than climbing.

Offline itsalifestyle

• Adult
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 15:45:25 »
Thanks

Offline Reefpete

• My pain is self chosen
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2011, 15:58:34 »
I've got some poison dart frogs... I can get you any information if needed.  PM me if you want.  I'm really close to a couple breeders around the area too.

One more thing, not trying to tell you what to do, but if it's a tall tank, ALL of your beginner frogs NEED more ground space than climbing.
Great information!

Offline The WuSue

• Adult
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2011, 17:21:57 »
+1 cool. So perhaps you would like the 20 gallon as well as the hex?  ::)

Offline gthorpe2

• Adult
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2011, 17:47:44 »
Sorry meant for the original post to be a PM.

Offline The WuSue

• Adult
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2011, 21:01:08 »
No worries. We were very interested in dart frogs as well.  Just never got settled enough with our tanks to get anything else.... besides that really is good to know about frogs and climbing space. We have a group of three tree frogs that frequent around our security lights at night and I was wondering why we never saw any babies... now I know.

Offline The WuSue

• Adult
Re: Oddball items, price drop.
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2011, 13:08:02 »
I should mention that we're always looking for trades...