2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Is it just me?  (Read 6622 times)

Offline Todd W.

• Adult
Re: Is it just me?
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2011, 21:49:40 »
Look here....

Offline ohioreef

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Founding Member
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2011, 22:04:07 »
Micki,

If you click where Todd showed and nothing shows there will a line that says "No unread topics found since your last visit. Click here to try all unread topics. " Click the area that says "Click here to try all unread topics " and you will get a list of all unread topics irregardless of your last log-in.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2011, 23:48:54 »
been wondering the same thing myself. it's a lil frustrating trying to follow along

Buk you found the unread message link now and are good?

My assumption is unread are all threads that you have not read since your last visit to the site.

Replies are replies to posts that you have made in a thread.

Yes 100% correct.

First this board works well, unlike some I have used...

I use the unread button.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  If I get nothing using the unread button, then I try:

No unread topics found since your last visit. Click here to try all unread topics.

WHat I would really like to see is once you click unread and all the threads are shown, I would like a box next to each topic that I could select and individually mark threads unread. 

If I want to clear out my unreads, then I have to look at each topic, or click mark all as read.

My $.02 on the board.

Todd there is a check box next to each topic on the unread message page. Check any threads you want to mark read and select mark selected message as read.

I never go to the home page so I never realized there were posts there.  LOL  I always use unread.  The only thing I've never liked is if I click on unread and don't have time to read everything they are gome the next time I bring the page back up.  The are still marked new if I scan the forum which takes even more time. 

Scanning the forum is not necessary. As Gary mentioned click on all unread messages link. It will be displayed whenever there are no unread messages showing. Why SMF programmers don't code the unread message link to the all unread message link I never understood Micki. But whatever.... Easy way to deal with it is just use this link for Ohio Reef and make it a button on your toolbar like I have below. www.ohioreef.com/index.php?action=unread;all;start=0

Offline ohioreef

• Founding Member
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2011, 23:56:00 »
Brian,

Did you install that mod cuz I have never had the checkboxes on our forum

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2011, 00:03:34 »
No I didn't install it. You don't see the checkmarks? Oh wait I know why it is an option in your profile. Let me find it just a sec.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2011, 00:05:27 »
Okay here it is..... Go to your Profile, select Look and Layout, scroll to bottom of page and change Show quick-moderation as "checkboxes"

Offline ohioreef

• Founding Member
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2011, 00:26:24 »
Thanks! I looked all over earlier and must have missed it.

Disregard that mod I sent you. It does this.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2011, 00:29:33 »
That is good it worked Gary. Todd you should be able to do the same and it will give you the feature you were looking for.
Profile >Look and Layout, scroll to bottom of page and change Show quick-moderation as "checkboxes"
Botta Bing Botta Boom

Offline ohioreef

• Founding Member
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2011, 00:35:03 »
There they are!! Awesome!!

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2011, 08:17:07 »
thats great
SIZE DOES MATTER

Offline Todd W.

• Adult
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2011, 14:25:44 »
That feature ROCKS!!!!

Thanks

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2011, 21:25:18 »
ROFL brian... no I don't speak "dinosaur"......

and micki, YES! see when I am done reading a highlight on the home page it is still there... so I can go back to it easily...  the unread page doesn't keep them there.

See like right now it says no unread threads at this time... but there are 4 on the highlight bar that say new! just sooo much easier to me.

The only thing I've never liked is if I click on unread and don't have time to read everything they are gome the next time I bring the page back up.  The are still marked new if I scan the forum which takes even more time. 

I finally figured out how to change the Unread Messages link to All Unread Messages. So we should not see this issue anymore.  :)

Offline Reefpete

• My pain is self chosen
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2011, 22:25:26 »
I finally figured out how to change the Unread Messages link to All Unread Messages. So we should not see this issue anymore.  :)

Thank ya sir!  :P

Offline ohioreef

• Founding Member
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2011, 01:03:57 »
But what if I don't want "all unread messages" when I return to the site? I just want the unread messages since my last visit.

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2011, 08:13:03 »
cool
SIZE DOES MATTER

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2011, 08:50:34 »
But what if I don't want "all unread messages" when I return to the site? I just want the unread messages since my last visit.

It lists the unread messages in order of date/time.