2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Shutting down: All livestock and rock FREE  (Read 1839 times)

Offline atreis

• Juvenile
Shutting down: All livestock and rock FREE
« on: November 23, 2013, 08:40:16 »
I'm shutting down my tank, and want to get the livestock and rock removed as quickly and painlessly (for the animals) as possible.  To that end, I'm giving it away and hoping that this results in high demand and a rapid shutdown.  Anyone volunteering to take the whole lot will get preference.

What you get:  Healthy (mostly), well-established livestock.  Below, for each item, I indicate how long I've had it, and any notable issues.

The catch:
I have a pretty large infestation of Aiptasia.  You'll also need to come to my house to get the animals and rock, catch them (I'm not very good at this), and please also be sure to bring adequate containers for transporting what you want to take.

Where:
Off 68 between Yellow Springs and Springfield - back behind Young's Dairy.  PM for directions.

When:
Thanksgiving weekend would be good.

Live rock and related:
about 120 lbs
Inhabited by a fair number of stars (Asterina), snails, and worms.  (All good, IMO, although some argue.)  As well as a lot of Aiptasia.  (Not good.)
Live sand - if you want it
Chaeto

Love rock and sand can't go unless the livestock is gone.

Livestock:

1 Yellow Tang - 5 years old
1 Pygmy (Cherub) Angel - 5 years old
1 Banggai Cardinalfish - 5 years old
2 Blue Chromis - 5 years old
3 True Percula Clowns - 4 years old (yes, 3, long story, and no issues with aggression - YMMV)
  - 1.8 are hosting the LTA below
  - 1.2 are hosting the RBTA
  - One of them spends most of it's time in the LTA but occasionally spends time in the RBTA  (I'm thinking it's an odd threesome...)

All fish are healthy, active, disease-free, and eat common flake foods.

LTA (Long-Tentacled Anemone)
Size: about 14" diameter
Very healthy.  Almost certainly attached to the floor of the tank.  Removal without hurting the foot will require time and patience.  Requires high flow, preferably with some variability and/or turbulence and moderately high light.  Eats 1 silverside every other week.

RBTA (Red Bubble-Tipped Anemone)
Size: about 4-5" diameter
Very healthy.  Attached to a rock.  Eats 1 silverside about once a month.

Birdsnest Coral (Seriatopora hystrix)
Size: about 14" diameter
Back portion is probably attached to the back wall of the tank.  The outer portion is quite healthy and growing, inner area has suffered significant die-off - it's hard to get adequate flow into the inner areas.

Montipora Capricornis
Size: about 12" wide, 3" deep
Attached to the same rock as the Birdsnest - getting steadily less healthy as the Birdsnest overgrows it and blocks its light.  (Oops...)

Derasa Clam
Size: about 5"
Very healthy.  Very pretty.

Ricordia
Size: probably 40 or so polyps - mostly orangeish, a handful are blue

A handful of other alive but not thriving corals.

Equipment:
NOT free.  These are the things that I know I'm not going to keep.  While here getting livestock, feel free to make me an offer and get a discount because then I don't have to clean, sell, ship them.  Otherwise, I'll clean them up and sell the items individually (for more).

160W Maxspect Razor LED light - 1 year old, works well, quite a nice light
4 Hydor Koralia variable-speed power heads, with digital controller - 3 years old
Reef Octopus skimmer - 2 years old (needs cleaned)
100G tank, 72"x18"x17", dual overflow (odd location though), Starfire on front and sides, GlassCages - 5 years old
double-ended sump (6 chambers with the return pump in one of the middle chambers)

Obviously most of these can't go unless all the livestock and rock are gone.   ::)

The rest of my equipment I'm either going to keep or want to sell after cleaning it up.

Offline bbtm64

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
Re: Shutting down: All livestock and rock FREE
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 09:56:44 »
I'd like the bubble tip, bitdsnest, monti, clam and ricordia.
Brent McCloskey

Offline tcon456

• Fry
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 10:04:52 »
I'm interested in taking all.

Offline Travis8896

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, 10:33:46 »
I'd be interested in bubble tip birdsnest ricordia clam chromis and other corals.
"Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo

Offline Myreef55

• Adult
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2013, 11:18:59 »
Ide come get it all

Offline Myreef55

• Adult
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2013, 11:36:23 »
I can come asap

Offline atreis

• Juvenile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2013, 12:54:04 »
I've replied to all that left a PM for me.  I believe that I have someone who is going to come take all of the livestock and rock.

If that person doesn't want the tank and sump (which I think is the case) I'll likely post those separately later.

Thank you everyone for your interest!