2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: dying coral????  (Read 2687 times)

Offline Amstar

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
dying coral????
« on: January 15, 2008, 18:13:14 »
why would a hammer coral and frogspawn, begin to turn into a mush and seperate from their skeleton's???  every other coral is doing fine in the tank as well as the tank.  I just noticed this with in the last half hour.

i checked the parameters on the water and the ph is alittle high 8.4 but everything else is with in check and the water temp is 80 degrees but swings 2-3 degrees at night because I turn the heat down in the house when we sleep.

slandis3

Re: dying coral????
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 19:04:05 »
Get some tech D. its made by kent marine. Really good stuff. Follow the directions on the bottel. I think joel has some in stock. As far as why its doing it, im not sure. But that tech d could help it. I saved my leather using that stuff.

MechanicalEngineer

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 22:13:17 »
How's the flow?  Anything pointed right at it?

I've heard of that happening quite a good bit...and it was something weird if I remember correctly from some old threads on RC.  Might want to do some hunting on there if no one remembers here.  Sorry for the loss.

Offline scott wilson

• Adult
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 18:18:30 »
what is your alk?

themissinglynk

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 22:29:16 »
The really weird stuff I've seen has been things like some kind of voltage leak from something electrical in the tank.  Is there anything electrical nearby that might be leaking a little voltage into the water?