2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: pics at 6 months....  (Read 6797 times)

apelaston

pics at 6 months....
« on: October 06, 2008, 15:17:02 »
Electric Crocea Clam...for sale 25.00 (scared of another flame angel attack)

GSP and Leather $5.00 each

Orange MontiCap Frag $5.00

Frogspawn from ohio Reefer

Lemonade Zoos and my free acan with unknown name (came on a rock of zoos from Gerbers...)

Orange Zoos--really cool color that glows under actinic from Yinyang

New Black Clown Pair looking oh so cute & living peacefully with my percula clown pair.

FTS

And this is what I had 6 months ago...

I can't wait to see what the next 6 months have in store for me now that I have the fish that I want stocked...now it is just time to watch everything grow and mature in my tank....and of course add more lol.

Offline Secondgen

• Lifetime Premium Member
Re: pics at 6 months....
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 16:55:43 »
Great lookin tank! What kinda equipment you runnin?

apelaston

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 17:12:07 »
Hhmmm equipment. . now brace urself for this list. . . aquaclear 30,50, and 70 powerhead 70 has a hydor wavemaker on it. . filtration is done by 12 gal waterchanges every monday and an aqueon 55 hob filter w a ball of cheato added inbtween the dual carbon filters. . . cant get nesimpler but i dont understand how 2 plumb a sump or fuge so i took my skimmer out. . i want 2 get a sump *fuge goin w my 29 gal that i have here some day so i can get my skimmer back out and some more water 2 help w my quality. . . any takers on beer n a plumming party?     i dose my tank daily w a cap of liquid calcium n feed coral frenzy and dts when i have it. i target feed my coral bout every few weeks but i am goin 2 start doing that weekly.

Offline Secondgen

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 17:29:03 »
Very nice! How do your coral like the coral frenzy?

apelaston

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 17:37:19 »
Things open up better w thd coral frenzy than marine snow but i think the dts gets me more growth n color. . .even from my fish.

Offline Secondgen

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 17:51:40 »
Does Petland sell DTs?

apelaston

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2008, 18:03:17 »
Not that i know and right now they r n a pinch n piqua i no so i dont know when they will.

NORTHDIXIEREEF

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2008, 22:45:53 »
IS THAT THE CLAM YOU GOT FROM ME ? IF SO I WILL BUY IT BACK.

IT IS FOR THE SAME PERSON THAT WANTED WHEN YOU BOUGHT IT.

I STOCK DT'S AND CORAL FRENZY PLUS REEF BUGS WHICH I HAVE BEEN TOLD BY MANY OF MY CUSTOMER IS ALOT BETTER THAN CORAL FRENZY.

YOUR TANK IS LOOKIN REAL GOOD. CAN'T WAIT UNTIL 1 YEAR PICS.

apelaston

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2008, 01:28:12 »
Yea its the same clam. i love it but i told u bout the attack from my angel on it so now that the mantel has grown back and it is opening up again i keep worrying bout another issue w the flame. . . i would hate 2 have it pickd 2 death. u have a coral order n this week dodd?

NORTHDIXIEREEF

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2008, 01:34:32 »
SHOULD HAVE FISH IN ON WEND & FRI.  LOOKIN FOR SOMETHING ?

apelaston

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2008, 01:45:35 »
I cant add nemore fish unless its a small hippo n i catch my chromis n damsel. . .i am fish maxed. . . n u know me i am always looking. . . i will just see u wednesday. . . i need calcium n dts. ...

NORTHDIXIEREEF

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2008, 01:49:23 »
LOOK BACK UNDER CORAL PRO POWER BUY IN PAID MEMBER AREA

apelaston

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2008, 02:20:17 »
I have a few more changes left n my io bag so i will make my mind up soon. i do need something w more calc 2 help support all my calc. needs of my lps and who doesnt like pretty purple n pink rocks 2 haha

apelaston

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2008, 09:02:39 »
i am upgrading my lights this weekend from 4x65w pc lighting to 4x96w pc lighting so i am hopefully going to notice some color and growth changes in the next month or so. . . . am also adding a few pieces of sps to add some solidity to the look of my tank. . . it is going to continue to be mostly lps and softys though cause i love that movement they bring to the display. . . i will post pictures 1 month from when i put them on my tank to see if the difference is noticable. *crosses fingers*

Offline gthorpe2

• Adult
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2008, 14:53:26 »
I'll take the clam, if it's still for sale

quicksilver

« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2008, 15:05:58 »
noooo I am 2 late I want the clam if he is small. gthope I will have 2 trade you for him what do you want!!!

apelaston

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2008, 17:15:56 »
quicksilver that clam is long gone...dodd sold him to someone named alex i think for me..sorry...

anyways some new pictures of some fragswap items and a few i picked up along the way...my camera skews the colors for some reason on a lot of them but you get the idea..
I picked up quite a few more pieces but couldn't get the photos to upload...will do it again at a later date..
BirdsNest from Reef'D Up

Cat's Paw from Slandis and Venus Fly Trap Paly's from Ebay

Cat's Paw from Reef'd Up

Gorgonian from Swap

Ric from NDR

Acan Frags from Swap

Candy Canes from Verper

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2008, 21:49:27 »
That Gorgonian is sweet. Is the Ric blue or purple?

apelaston

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2008, 21:54:07 »
Yea i like the purple gorgonian. great color. the ric is bright pink w a purple outer ring and purple mouth. had eyeballed it bout a month at dodds b4 i got it....still waiting on my all blue to show up in dodds shop and him to charge me double since he knows i want 1 so bad haha

apelaston

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2008, 21:55:42 »
I lost the birdsnest tonight. . it came undone from its rubble and blew away. . . cant find it yet.  :-(

quicksilver

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2008, 10:47:03 »
got to glue that bad boy back to its rock. birds nest are so cool looking  ;D

Midwest Express

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2008, 11:38:44 »
I had the same thing with my xenia I got from Lazy... I ended up finding it a few days later attached to the back of a rock.  Thankfully it was a small rock it attached to so I was able to move it so that I can actually see it.

apelaston

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2008, 13:07:31 »
Birdsnest was never found again. . just rubble and glue residue. . . . . i will get another one soon. all my other sps peices are doing really well so i am going to get some nicer frags at the next swap or from ndr

apelaston

« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2008, 01:50:44 »
I have baby snails!! looking like nass. at this point but i am not sure yet. WOOHOO

reefer3737

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2008, 22:42:27 »
DOES THIS LOOK GOOD IN MY TANK APELASTON??? >:D >:D