2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Coral Placement  (Read 2729 times)

Offline Learning_The_Hard_Way

• Adult
Coral Placement
« on: June 21, 2010, 21:21:58 »
I got a new ric a the swap and put it (what I thought ) far enough away form my torch.  I have never seen it have its sweepers out this far.  Gotcha ya!!!

Offline HUNGER

Re: Coral Placement
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 21:23:19 »
o wow    ouch
SIZE DOES MATTER

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 21:53:03 »
Did the torch grab the ric or vice versa?

• Adult
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 21:58:11 »
It was the torch.  It was like it picked up some chemical or something from the ric and went after it.  It was just that one tenticle that went that long too.  Weird, but I learned something and thats always a good thing.

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 08:26:40 »
did it servive 
SIZE DOES MATTER

• Adult
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 10:36:41 »
I pulled it off and moved it.  It seems to be hangin in there, was a little flesh issue where it had ahold.  I guess it will heal and be OK.

Offline harleyrider

• Adult
  • If you have to ask, you cant afford it!
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 10:43:13 »
My rics and frogspawn attachs like that from time to time and it doesnt seem to affect either of them , but it looks in my case that the current of the water moves the tenicles of the frogspawn around a lot and it comes in contact with the rics and they stick togather

Offline Reefinmike

• was Illnino
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010, 11:25:37 »
After the swap I had to make room in my tank, and put my favorite chalice next to my hydnophora, the hydnophora sent out "sweepers" two inches and killed half the chalice.

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2010, 16:17:14 »
After the swap I had to make room in my tank, and put my favorite chalice next to my hydnophora, the hydnophora sent out "sweepers" two inches and killed half the chalice.
ouch
SIZE DOES MATTER

Offline Kenn

• Lifetime Premium Member
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2010, 17:06:57 »

That just sucks
Currently doing a 75g build | http://ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=16275.0| tanks of the past : 26g Bowfront LPS and Fish| http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=4858.0 || 37g a little of everything | http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=7751.0

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."   < K >

Offline Midwest Express

• Adult
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2010, 15:13:30 »
Why can't out corals just get along?! Sorry to hear about the chalice!  I had the same when my hammers would send out some long feelers, right into my gold athelia coloney.  They eventually learned to get along once the athelia was killed in that area and then never spread back over there.  :angryfire
"The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play."
Capt. James T. Kirk