2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: CORE- Central Ohio Reef Expo  (Read 3609 times)

Offline jck09

• Fry
CORE- Central Ohio Reef Expo
« on: August 30, 2013, 15:33:13 »

SETUP FEES:
Vendors - $150 (10x10 booth), plus a $50 club donation item.
Contact for more spaces Fragswap@corareef.org

Hobbyist Early Bird Setup 4' space with Electric -
$35 (CURRENT members) $50 (non members)  Contact fragswap@corareef.org to arrange payment

Day of Space 4'  no electric $10
Available first come first serve, once the doors open for those wishing to sell/trade but do not need electricity. (no electric available for these spaces, and NO SETUPS/TANKS. You will be required to have corals in small containers or bags to utilize these spots). You will be limited to the table only.

Note: Swappers/vendors, per 4 foot space, you will be limited to 250 watts of light, a pump/filter and 1 heater(may have a second heater for vendors and early bird setup, just to warm the water initially but it must be removed before the event start time) - NO EXCEPTIONS - if you exceed the lighting limit you will be asked to turn the light off and you will forfeit any registration fee).

Early Bird swapper setups will also be limited to 15 gallons of water volume. Water volume will be checked using the L x W x H of your setup, and limit WILL BE ENFORCED. We had a few pretty unsafe setups that require us to monitor water volume more closely this year.

TO ALL SWAPPERS: Do not put items out in the isles in front of your tables. The isles were made wider to allow for more comfortable foot travel for those browsing the selection of live and hard goods. Putting used tanks, etc. in the isles, in front of your table space, is a safety issue, as well as a hindrance to foot traffic.

Follow the link for updates and more info

http://corareef.org/forum/showthread.php?p=121473#post121473

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
Re: CORE- Central Ohio Reef Expo
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 22:55:10 »
You all put on a great swap. Looking forward to attending again this year. Would you mimd doing me a favor, create a new account under your person and repost this. Or if it is easier for you let me know your email and username you go by normally and I can change it for you. We dont want anonymous posters. You can still post your Cora fragswap email in this thread and request people to contact you that way.
FYI we got your event on our calendar and i can add a link to your swap page on our home page if you want.

Offline jck09

• Fry
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 08:50:25 »
Yeah.  Thats fine.  My bad guys.  Can you send me a message. I cant figure out how to pm you.  LOL 

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 09:23:13 »
Ya, our PM rules.....have to have 10 posts before you can send a PM.

Just send an email to admin@ohioreef.com

Offline jck09

• Fry
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2013, 09:52:04 »
Thanks guys. Can you just change it to jck09. Same email.  Thanks a bunch guys.  Hope to see you guys there. Its gonna be a bit different from past years events.. 

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2013, 15:07:50 »
Account changed. Thanks for being a good sport about it. Our homepage is updated with a link to your event.

Offline Travis8896

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2013, 15:54:49 »
What's the address?
"Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo

Offline jck09

• Fry
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2013, 19:13:51 »
3850 Stelzer Rd., Columbus, OH

Offline Steve

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2013, 19:23:15 »
Do you know when fragswapper will be up?

Offline Travis8896

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2013, 20:17:38 »
Thanx I'll try and make it
"Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo

Offline jck09

• Fry
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2013, 11:53:50 »
Fragswapper will be up 30 days out. This is going to be an amazing event guys. New LARGER venue and new gameplan.  Updates will start rolling in tonight or tomorrow.  Hope to see you all out there.

Offline jck09

• Fry
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2013, 20:31:39 »

Offline barboyr

• Fry
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2013, 22:21:32 »
I really like the fact that you will have speakers.  Loved that about the MI swap last year. It really spread out the crowd so that you could look more closely at the vendor's wares instead of a mad rush.

Offline jck09

• Fry
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2013, 09:06:25 »
Yeah. We are shooting for a more relaxed atmosphere this year rather than everyone making a mad dash for the vendors grabbing something and leaving.  There will be something going on all throught the day.  Definately going to be a full day event rather than grab some corals a leave event.    I cant wait.  And remember there will be concessions so no fear of going hungry.
John

Offline jck09

• Fry
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2013, 20:49:46 »
New Updates

Offline jck09

• Fry
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2013, 09:23:06 »
Fragswapper wil be up in a couple days.  hobbiest tables are first come first serve.  reserve one now.  I would hate for you to miss out.

Offline jck09

• Fry
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2013, 09:28:21 »
Fragswapper is up

Offline jck09

• Fry
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2013, 08:37:18 »
If you want a hobbiest table get it now.  They are going fast. 

Offline jck09

• Fry
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2013, 22:17:57 »
Slight update guys.  We have decided not to charge admission for the first speaker.  The first speaker will now begin shortly after the expo opens.  Check back beginning of the week for a full schedule of guest speakers.