2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: 2010 Fall All Ohio Frag Swap, Sunday, September 26th, at The Grotto  (Read 14309 times)

Offline chromiumlux

Re: 2010 Fall All Ohio Frag Swap, Sunday, September 26th, at The Grotto
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2010, 19:44:39 »
I hit the swap with a pocket full of dough!! Had a great time too!! Another awesome swap for CORA. I will hit this swap every year. I dont carry a gun. I also work in the westside of Dayton. Shootings all around the place. Never had a problem.
Let me just clarify this for ya.....It was a great swap. Thanks to all the cora members and to Zeppelin for lining up a great one this year!! There were several vendors taking credit cards. Cash gets you a better deal and also gives you more power to haggle. LOL funny stuff.
Chromiumlux

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2010, 19:57:41 »
It was a good swap, but I have a great idea; internet connection so people can use credit cards.  I'm not carrying $300-400 in cash without a sidearm in an unknown location, and concealed carry isn't allowed in the building.  I can also say that I overheard visitors and guests grousing about this (the lack of an internet connection, not the inability to carry a concealed weapon).  BTW, many vendors wouldn't take a check, either.  So, maybe a point for next years' gig, coz without it, I won't be coming again.  Hate to be the one complaining, whiny voice, but, well, there it is.

Kev

Pretty sure YZreef accepted plastic.  But then you have to pay the premium.    Most vendors at a swap are so low on price, paying the service charges on CC payments.

Offline buckeyereefer

• Adult
« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2010, 19:58:37 »
  yes cash always has more bargain power than a concealed weapon. bring cash & leave the gun
in car when u get there. ;) don't get me wrong love firearms & have a big safe full of them. treasure
my time hunting with my dog !! almost as much as playin with my 5 year old. come on though middle of day
in private building with other reef people !!! not very scary really ... ::)

Larry

Offline kattz

• Old surfer dude
« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2010, 21:03:01 »
Forget I said anything regarding an internet connection.  I ran out to an ATM and got the extra cash I needed.  In case nobody noticed, I did say it was a good swap and I had a great time.

It's not about who carries a gun, or where, one's life experiences changes one's outlook on life.  Until you've walked a mile and so forth.  I'm not carryin' a gun to a frag swap.  I'll just find a frickin' ATM during the show.  'Nuff said on the subject.

Nice job, CORA.
90g SPS and LPS reef tank, 35g sump, ceramic rock by The Alternative Reef, Neptune Apex w 2 X EB8's, Moonlight module, ATI Sunpower Dimmable 8 X 39W T5's, Octopus Extreme 160 skimmer, PM Kalkwasser Reactor, 2 X Vortech MP40's, Geo 618 Ca reactor

Various thriving montipora, acropora, stylopora, wellsophyllia, blastomussa, hammer, anchor, and frogspawn, lobophyllia, rhizotrychus, pavona, scroll, and pagoda SPS and LPS corals, but no fish because I was too stupid to QT...

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2010, 22:24:36 »
just to let u know that all swaps that i have been to r the same way

We has Wifi at the Ohio Reef swap and several vendors accepted plastic, including XZ
75G Mixed Reef w/ 30G sump/refuge

Electrical Engineers do it on impulse, with faster rise times, with more power, and less resistance at higher frequencies, without shorts, until it Hertz

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2010, 22:42:45 »
realy?? wow i guess i never realy noticed than sorry all
SIZE DOES MATTER

Offline Zeppelin

• Fry
    • Zeppelins Reef
« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2010, 05:30:57 »
Thanks everyone for the compliments. 

Wi-fi has been asked for the last 2 years, but that place really doesn't have a need for it otherwise. Thats been the only drawback.  Other than that, its been a great place with the building size, large parking lot, etc.  We'll have to look further into it though as far as providing it ourselves, if even for a day.

Thanks again for coming out everyone.  :)
PEACE.....from Zeppelin

www.corareef.org

slandis3

« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2010, 07:19:17 »
We has Wifi at the Ohio Reef swap and several vendors accepted plastic, including XZ

Who is XZ?  LOL

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2010, 07:22:22 »

Who is XZ?  LOL

It's YZ reefs cousin lol.   

Next year just get someone in the club with a cellphone that can act as a wifi access point. Just keep it locked and only give sponsors the password to keep trafic down.
75G Mixed Reef w/ 30G sump/refuge

Electrical Engineers do it on impulse, with faster rise times, with more power, and less resistance at higher frequencies, without shorts, until it Hertz