2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Couple from Springfield/Urbana  (Read 2519 times)

Offline The WuSue

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
Couple from Springfield/Urbana
« on: March 11, 2011, 14:34:33 »
Hello all! Glad to be a new member of Ohio Reef! My girlfriend (Carly Sue) and myself (Wudi) have been pretty avid reefers for about a year now, and we were thrilled to hear about your wonderful organization. I had no idea that there were so many people who were also involved with the hobby that lived so close. I'll be sure to put up the tank stats and all the other whatnot up shortly. Looking forward to meeting you all at the next event or swap.

PS. Major thanks to Lazy! I'd been looking for something like that for quite a while. Looking forward to seeing the final result. :-ThumbUpsm

Offline sticks_wife

• Adult
Re: Couple from Springfield/Urbana
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 16:11:01 »
Welcome! Glad to have somebody else that is close to us. We live in Urbana, too. Hope to see you soon. Our next meeting is the last Sunday of the month at Buffalo Wild Wings in Huber Heights. Hope you can make it!

Offline reefkeeper

• Juvenile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 17:00:41 »
WuSue - Welcome aboard.  Lookin' forward to seeing pictures of your tank. -Jeff
Jeff
120g baby reef w/ 55g refug
Penn State & Steelers Fan

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 17:05:54 »
Welcome to the club glad to have u
SIZE DOES MATTER

Offline Kenn

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 17:16:33 »
Since there is 2 of you ...

Welcome ! Welcome !    :laugh:

Currently doing a 75g build | http://ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=16275.0| tanks of the past : 26g Bowfront LPS and Fish| http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=4858.0 || 37g a little of everything | http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=7751.0

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."   < K >

Offline buckeyereefer

• Adult
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2011, 23:02:53 »
Welcome !!! i am located in Bellefontaine. which means at least an hour from anything good saltwater related !!

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2011, 00:34:38 »
Welcome Wudi and Carly Sue. Glad you found us too, hope you enjoy the club and looking forward to seeing your reef tank soon.  :bubbles4:

Offline The WuSue

• Adult
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2011, 22:23:03 »
Welcome! Glad to have somebody else that is close to us. We live in Urbana, too. Hope to see you soon. Our next meeting is the last Sunday of the month at Buffalo Wild Wings in Huber Heights. Hope you can make it!

Thank you so much! Looking forward to seeing you as well. It's comforting to know that folks that are reefers live in the same town (I had this weird feeling that everyone that had a reef lived in Dayton or one of the big 3 C towns). I won't be able to make the next meet at BW3's because I'll have to be at my national guard weekend then, but we should be able to be there at the swap meet in April. 

Offline The WuSue

• Adult
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2011, 22:34:17 »
WuSue - Welcome aboard.  Lookin' forward to seeing pictures of your tank. -Jeff

Thank you! I made our avatar from a pic of our reef tank, I'll post more later or perhaps host a swap at sometime so everyone can take a look. Our Reef is a mixed 75g  and we have a 150g FOWLR and two smaller tanks for iso and frags.  We also have a 55g for freshwater angels and a 50g for cichlids. -Wudi

Offline The WuSue

• Adult
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2011, 22:43:47 »
Since there is 2 of you ...

Welcome ! Welcome !    :laugh:

Thank you! Thank you! We decided from the beginning to specialize in different aspects of reef keeping to keep us both involved and make it a couples activity. lol. To be honest, I'm not sure either of us could keep a saltwater tank going on our own (hence why we joined as one member).

Offline The WuSue

• Adult
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2011, 23:00:55 »
Welcome Wudi and Carly Sue. Glad you found us too, hope you enjoy the club and looking forward to seeing your reef tank soon.  :bubbles4:

Thank you! I'd be glad to show off our tank at any time. I realized upon rereading my first post that I wasn't very clear about what I was thanking you about earlier... We have a 150g fowlr currently and an overstocked 75g mixed reef and I'd been waffling back and forth about what to do with both (the main problem being properly lighting a 150g and rebuilding a stand for it that would allow me to tweak the sump correctly). The thread that you made about your build was like a how-to in awesomeness :smiley-happy112: It helped me decide which way I wanted to rebuild the stand for the the 150g.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2011, 23:03:25 »
I am glad it helped.  :-ThumbUpsm

Offline bamaguy

• Fry
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2011, 07:57:55 »
Welcome to the club