2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Bullet 1 protein skimmer  (Read 947 times)

mash35231

Bullet 1 protein skimmer
« on: September 01, 2008, 03:18:23 »

I recently picked up a lightly used Bullet 1 protein skimmer (really cheap). I'm having a tough time getting the skimmer dialed in. The pump is a Mag 12 and seems to be more than adequate for the skimmer (I cleaned the Beckett injector after 1 day of use thinking maybe something was in the injector. Ok, here is the issue, the bubbles seem to be too big, I've adjusted the Beckett for the finest bubbles and the gate valve is keeping the water about 1 inch into the riser tube.
The skimmate is a pale green and wet, not dark and thick. I followed the instructions that came with the skimmer but I can't improve the performance.....My old LifeReef skimmer performed much better than the Bullet 1...What am I doing wrong?...Help!!!!

slandis3

Re: Bullet 1 protein skimmer
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 10:30:05 »
Beckett skimmers need a pressure pump. mag drive pumps don't have enough psi. look into a little giant 4. Its external but it will have the psi needed to run it better.

mash35231

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 11:29:19 »
Do you know of any in sump pumps that can do the job? An external pump and more plumbing...just what I need, another aquarium project...lol

slandis3

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 11:37:57 »
Im not real sure you may want to ask a vendor. They would have better luck answering that. Here is the model # of the little giant i was reffering to.  4-MDQ-SC