2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Diy kalk reactor.  (Read 7003 times)

slandis3

Re: Diy kalk reactor.
« Reply #75 on: July 08, 2009, 06:11:53 »
ok i got you guys down. they will be done tonight.

slandis3

« Reply #76 on: July 09, 2009, 21:29:55 »
reactors are done.

Offline rayviv

• Here fishy, fishy.
« Reply #77 on: July 14, 2009, 08:41:22 »
Just picked up my ATO & reactor last nite at  Slandis3s' house and wanted to comment on it.

The ato & reactor, are by definition, simple. (because I can understand them). But the Quality looks to be top of the line.

While there I got to look at his set-up. Which was very impressive! And then he showed me the polished alum. fixtures he did. I sure wish I could have gotten in on that deal. WOW

As I stood there and looked at all this I began to realize the potential of this mans creativity. I dont even think he realizes it. His tank display shows it and the stand shows it and the language of this man even shows. I was truly impressed and count it a privilege to have been there.

So having said all that I want to thank you Mike for taking the time to help me understand and for sharing your time with me.

Sincerely Appreciated,  Raymond Norton
The mind is a wonderful servant but a dangerous master!

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
« Reply #78 on: July 14, 2009, 22:51:08 »
I love the custom canner door cutouts and vent.  Must be nice to have access to the waterjet.  :)
75G Mixed Reef w/ 30G sump/refuge

Electrical Engineers do it on impulse, with faster rise times, with more power, and less resistance at higher frequencies, without shorts, until it Hertz

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #79 on: July 14, 2009, 23:34:25 »
I got to see Slandis's tank a couple months back and every aspect of it was awesome. Very well planned out with attention to all the details.

slandis3

« Reply #80 on: July 15, 2009, 04:49:31 »
Thanks. I no longer have access to the water jet.  :( I took a new position in my company.But i could get some stuff ran if needed  ;)

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
« Reply #81 on: July 21, 2009, 21:37:49 »
ITS ALIVE, ITS ALIVE!!!  Finally got the maxijet and all the fitting set up. So the reactor is officially online.

I have dripped Kalk before and played around with 2 part, but I'm lazy, so this will be the first time I seriously attempt to keep good alk and cal levels.  I have always had slow but steady growth, but we'll see what happends now

Thanks again for the labor and setting these up Mike.  Although I had been wanting to do it for awhile, again I'm lazy  :laugh:

Thanks

Electrical Engineers do it on impulse, with faster rise times, with more power, and less resistance at higher frequencies, without shorts, until it Hertz

Offline jungliztkruger

• Adult
    • my other hobby...fire
« Reply #82 on: August 08, 2009, 22:14:57 »
havent gotten around to posting in a while.

this kalk reactor is a monster  ;D   it hasnt even been hooked up yet but it still is a boost to me ego to see it stand next to my tank.
when lonnie pulled it out of his truck my jaw about hit the pavement. i was at work so i had to explain that it was for calcium and not for other things that use tubular piping and hoses. one person even said "its so big"     

-grins-

great job slandis

slandis3

« Reply #83 on: August 09, 2009, 08:16:44 »
Im glad you like it.

Offline jungliztkruger

• Adult
    • my other hobby...fire
« Reply #84 on: August 09, 2009, 11:27:15 »
by size alone it is a manly testament to my nerdiness in this hobby lol

now i just need to buy a few pumps and figure out how to hook it up

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
« Reply #85 on: August 09, 2009, 17:51:59 »
Just got back into town from a week and half vacation. I can definately tell the difference in my tank when I got back. Thanks again Mike.

Offline reefkeeper

• Juvenile
« Reply #86 on: August 26, 2009, 23:01:02 »
Mike, if you get in the mood again, count me in for one.  Thanks -Jeff
Jeff
120g baby reef w/ 55g refug
Penn State & Steelers Fan

slandis3

« Reply #87 on: August 27, 2009, 08:27:32 »
To make it easey we need 5 people to go in at once.

Offline rayviv

• Here fishy, fishy.
« Reply #88 on: August 27, 2009, 12:29:14 »
And I'll have a two bulb highly polished reflective lighting unit! :thewave ;D LOL
The mind is a wonderful servant but a dangerous master!