2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: free mantis shrimp  (Read 1589 times)

Offline Ballyhoo

• Juvenile
free mantis shrimp
« on: November 25, 2012, 10:20:56 »
Pete and I have been chasing this little sucker for weeks. Even tore down the sump and soaked all the rock in cold RO/DI but after a week he was still clicking. Last night watching tv we saw him in a burrow on a top rock and took the opportunity. Took the rock out and dislodged him into a bucket. He is now in a 2qt jar with some rubble awaiting a home. He's far too fascinating to kill imo.

As they both sank to the bottom of the river, the frog said "do you mind if I ask you something? You said there would be no logic in your stinging me. Why did you do it?" "It has nothing to do with logic," the drowning scorpion sadly replied. "It's just self destruction is my nature."

Offline marineman

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
    • My website
Re: free mantis shrimp
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 17:03:11 »
If you still have him, I may very well take him. I have an old 6-gallon that I had been trying to think of a reason to keep, and he may just be it!

Offline Ballyhoo

• Juvenile
Re: free mantis shrimp
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 17:20:15 »
I do still have him!
you are more than welcome to him :)
As they both sank to the bottom of the river, the frog said "do you mind if I ask you something? You said there would be no logic in your stinging me. Why did you do it?" "It has nothing to do with logic," the drowning scorpion sadly replied. "It's just self destruction is my nature."