2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Have I just been impatient?  (Read 3479 times)

Offline Twizted1

• Adult
Have I just been impatient?
« on: June 15, 2012, 23:30:10 »
On April 5 or real close to it. I walked into my lfs here in Sidney. I talked to the manager about order 2 convict tangs. He told me he was not sure if he could get then anymore he would check into it. & after about 2 weeks of waiting just figured he could not. Boy was I wrong. He ( the store manager) calls me today June 15. I was unable to take the call but he was nice enough to leave a voice mail telling me my convict tangs I ordered have come in today & wants me to pick them up within the hour. What? I know I'm new to the hobby. So my question is, what the heck is this guy thinking? Am I wrong? Should I go pay for them now almost 3 months later? My tank has gone in a totally different direction since then. Someone set me straight here, please!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 23:36:08 by twizted1 »

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
  • My munchkins! :)
Re: Have I just been impatient?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 07:27:33 »
I would remind them you asked for them over 2 months ago and did not hear back in a timely manor and you no longer need them.  That's their bad not yours!   And no I wouldn't give them a dime!!!

Offline buckeyereefer

• Adult
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2012, 07:33:03 »
I would remind them you asked for them over 2 months ago and did not hear back in a timely manor and you no longer need them.  That's their bad not yours!   And no I wouldn't give them a dime!!!
++++++1 !!!!     

Offline tidepool

• Adult
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2012, 08:14:10 »
++++1,000,000,000  8)

Offline larrynews

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2012, 10:12:45 »
that has happened to me before early on, so now i say dont order it just for me BUT if you get some i would be interested.....i would not get them, unless you want them still, to much time has passed, and the last he told you was he didn't think he could get them

Offline Bluewater

• Juvenile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2012, 16:38:55 »
Not to mention call you out of nowhere and say come get them in an hour. What a joke.

Offline averageguys

• Juvenile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2012, 04:37:40 »
IMO I would have tried harder to get the fish quicker.  Not quite sure why this took so long.  I can order them now and get them next business day. 

Offline rayviv

• Here fishy, fishy.
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2012, 10:40:36 »
Had he been in contact with you in the ordering process and kept you updated that would be a different story; But to just call after all that time and expect you to pick them up in an hour sounds really off the wall. 
The mind is a wonderful servant but a dangerous master!

Offline Twizted1

• Adult
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2012, 12:51:29 »
Exactly, I don't mind waiting on something if I'm told so ahead of time. He told me when I ordered it he would let me know the me t day if he could get it. I never heard from him. I was in there for the first time in since his call. I wanted so badly to say I'm here to pick up my convict tangs you called me about. Lol. But I didn't.

Offline chromiumlux

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2012, 15:12:59 »
The fact that they said they would "check into it" does not mean order it. Too bad for them.
Chromiumlux

Offline ghurlag

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2012, 10:28:43 »
Yep, operating under the assumption that everything is as you say it is, you are in the right.  You may need to find a new LFS, as this will probably burn a bridge, but it sounds like you might want to find a new LFS anyway :)

Offline volcano

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2012, 19:51:40 »
Over 2 months had past. I think your LFS needs to hire a new manager.