2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: leaky old 150 gallon + stand, 1$  (Read 3595 times)

Offline hdyoung

• Fry
leaky old 150 gallon + stand, 1$
« on: March 15, 2009, 16:35:12 »
Hey all,

This is a VERY beaten up 150 gallon tall tank with a homemade stand. It was leaky when I bought it 2 years ago. I patched the leak, it lasted 2 years, and then leaked again. Slow leak. I don't want to mess with it any longer. If you want to get into a large tank, are on a restricted budget, and are willing to put time into a tank, you might want to consider this.

Also, the original owner had an alligator or something that scratched the tank quite a bit. Most of the scratches don't show in the water, but some do.

Did I forget to mention this is a beaten-up tank? If you are willing to haul this away, it is yours.

Offline JSLeedy

• Adult
  • 240 Gallon Tank with 125 refugium
Re: leaky old 150 gallon + stand, 1$
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 21:13:54 »
Can I get a pic of the stand?  I'll tank the tank off your hands if the stand is suitable for my needs.
Dayton,Ohio

Offline hdyoung

• Fry
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 09:19:37 »
I'll try and post a pic of the stand sometime soon. I need to get rid of the tank before the stand is available, either by giving it away or breaking it down.

MechanicalEngineer

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 19:19:43 »
Sorry to hear of your tank woes!  Are you out of the hobby or did you get another tank?  If you need anything, let me know! 

Offline hdyoung

• Fry
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 15:32:53 »
Thanks. I just bought a fairly new 125 gallon tank and stand, and am in the process of transferring my stuff. Most fish and corals have done fine in my rubbermaid container.

I'm just going to break the old tank down into individual panes of glass and dispose of them. The thing required rigging in order to get it into the basement 2 years ago, and it is really in rough shape.

Last call for the tank.

Blown76mav

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2009, 01:41:17 »
Do you still have this?  If so when you break it down if the top brace is in good condition I could use it, I have found a few cracks in mine. 

Thanks.

Lonnie