2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Anyone have a pipe bender  (Read 2853 times)

Offline Reefinmike

• was Illnino
Anyone have a pipe bender
« on: August 20, 2010, 23:45:53 »
Does anyone have one I could use for like... 10 seconds? I am working on setting up a new tank, and wanting to make an arm to hang a lumenarc over the tank, that I can swing out of the way whenever I need. Will probably be needing it in 3 or so weeks.

Offline TechGuy

• "Fraginator"
Re: Anyone have a pipe bender
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 08:32:27 »

slandis3

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 09:02:31 »
What type of pipe are you using? conduit, black iron, galvanized, copper, stainless steel, mild steal, aluminum, titanium, etc.
Also what diameter? Different pipe takes different hand benders , unless you find someone with a mandrel bender, they will bend almost anything. If you are gonna make a conduit holder they make different size holders for each dia for conduit so you need to know what size pipe you are going to use. Depending on the length of pipe I might be able to have it bent here at work bu it would have to fit in my car.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2010, 12:08:30 »
This is what I did Mike, Went to Lowes, grabbed the pipe I was going to use then in that same aisle grabbed the pipe bender off the shelf, bent the pipe, put pipe bender back on shelf, took the bent pipe up to the cashier and paid for it.  :laugh:

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2010, 12:30:37 »
that works  ;D
SIZE DOES MATTER

Offline Reefinmike

• was Illnino
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2010, 13:21:16 »
What type of pipe are you using? conduit, black iron, galvanized, copper, stainless steel, mild steal, aluminum, titanium, etc.
Also what diameter? Different pipe takes different hand benders , unless you find someone with a mandrel bender, they will bend almost anything. If you are gonna make a conduit holder they make different size holders for each dia for conduit so you need to know what size pipe you are going to use. Depending on the length of pipe I might be able to have it bent here at work bu it would have to fit in my car.

Im just gonna use standard steel tube you can find at lowes... I think im gonna have to go with brians idea... a great one!

Offline TechGuy

• "Fraginator"
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2010, 13:22:14 »
Im just gonna use standard steel tube you can find at lowes... I think im gonna have to go with brians idea... a great one!

Thats what I was going to suggest, but you said bender, and I just couldn't help it hehe.

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2010, 15:05:05 »
This is what I did Mike, Went to Lowes, grabbed the pipe I was going to use then in that same aisle grabbed the pipe bender off the shelf, bent the pipe, put pipe bender back on shelf, took the bent pipe up to the cashier and paid for it.  :laugh:

FTW!!!!   :notworthy
75G Mixed Reef w/ 30G sump/refuge

Electrical Engineers do it on impulse, with faster rise times, with more power, and less resistance at higher frequencies, without shorts, until it Hertz