2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: RO/DI group buy anyone still intersted  (Read 5329 times)

Offline Amstar

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
RO/DI group buy anyone still intersted
« on: February 15, 2009, 21:27:36 »
this is at bulkreefsupply

***NEW*** Group Buy is now available any time and as many times as your club would like to utilize it.

This promotion is designed to maximize the discounts and remove all of the organizational hassle that normally goes along with a group buy. All you need is 10 people who want to buy at least one item from us at drastically discounted prices.

Here is how it works: For one week we upgrade every member of your club who signs up and creates an account with special "Club Wholesale" status. This gives them individual access to the maximum quantity discounts without quantity requirements on all of our bulk material as well as considerable discounts on much of our product line. Each member of the club handles their own order individually. There is no need to organize the order, schedule a pickup/distribution day, or collect payments. If that isn't enough we offer one more exciting perk: All club members who participate in the group buy will have their accounts upgraded to "Preferred Reefer" status giving them a smaller but permanent discount. The only requirement to be eligible for this Introductory Reef Club offer is that a minimum of 15 club members sign up. If you are interested in setting up a group buy with us please contact Andrew to get you started Andrew@reefchili.com

***Please note that with some items we are obligated to honor manufactures pricing guidelines. All of these products are already set at the minimum price allowed by the manufacture and we cannot lower them any further.***

MechanicalEngineer

Re: RO/DI group buy anyone still intersted
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 22:12:47 »
We usually do one in late March, early April every year (I think those are the months.)  I was working on my order tonight. 

Offline UDflyer00

• Adult
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 02:21:54 »
I'm interested if these will fit my Kent Maxxima Hi-S RO/DI...  I need a full suite, all 3 canisters and a new membrane...  please let me know.
65 g AGA - Kettering

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
  • My munchkins! :)
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 07:16:50 »
I'm sure there is something I could find to help make sure our number of people is up there. :)

MechanicalEngineer

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 08:30:37 »
UDFlyer00 - RO/DI cartridges are universal...no worries.  How old is your membrane?

Offline UDflyer00

• Adult
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 09:46:55 »
Not necessarily...  I bought a DI refill from a location that said that same thing and it didn't fit.  Couldn't close up the canister and it leaked, and in the process of trying to tighten it down I cracked the top housing and was out my $25.. :(  As for my membrane, well, um, it could use to be replaced... :P
65 g AGA - Kettering

Offline MSUJenn

• Juvenile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2009, 12:42:34 »
I'm in for a group buy. I was going to order filters and carbon blocks anyways because I wasn't sure if we were still doing this. If we are, I'll hold off a little longer.

Offline Amstar

• Adult
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 20:12:21 »
This is what I got back from them.

Basically our group buys remove all of the hassle normally associated with a group buy by giving individual access to the lowest quantity discount to each participating member. This means each member gets the lowest price even if they only buy one item. Everybody handles their own order separately so you don’t have to spend a lot of time organizing an order, collecting payment, and disbursing the product to each member. And as a thank you we give each participating member permanent Preferred Customer status which gives them discounts on their future orders.

All you need to do is pick a Tuesday that your group will start and send me a list of members who will be participating. We update accounts on that Tuesday and send everyone an email notifying them that they can buy. Members should have created an account with us prior to the group buy start so we can update their accounts. Members who miss the first list are welcome to send us an email and sign up at anytime during the duration of the group buy. Orders are shipped individually so there is no waiting for one big consolidation. The following Monday we set all account to Preferred Customer status.

so basically for this we need 15 Ohio Reef members to join.  looks like we need to have 15 members have their names and emails to send to andy at bulk reef supply.  Those 15 members need to set up accounts with bulkreef supply.  then once we have 15 people signed up they will send everyone an email saying that we are now preferred customers (for life). 

Offline UDflyer00

• Adult
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 20:21:24 »
Does it cost anything to sign up??  I will sign up, but I really need to find out if their filters will fit my Kent RO/DI...
65 g AGA - Kettering

Offline pontiac2002gtp

• Adult
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2009, 20:24:34 »
I would be in I'm already a preferred customer but if it helps get the number up I can order something.  I think they changed it so you only need 10 people instead of 15 to be preferred customers might be worth checking into.  

Offline pontiac2002gtp

• Adult
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2009, 20:26:05 »
Its free to sign up and I'm pretty sure all the filters are universal fit.

Offline CoralBeauties

• Adult
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2009, 20:32:39 »
I read the first post and sent andrew@reefchili.com an email asking to be put on this list.  My reply was that he wasnt aware of what was going on with this. he asked for a link to the post which I supplied and then was told he wasnt able to read it due to no password.  I copied and pasted the post and sent it to him.  I hope that I am not getting things messed up with my confusion.
Jeff

Offline Amstar

• Adult
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2009, 21:48:56 »
This is the entire email message back and forth:

Hi ,
Andrew handles all of the group buys. I will forward this email to him and im sure he will get back to you on Monday.
For now I would check out this link. http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/i8/Group-and-Club-Buys/information.html

I then sent an email to andrew and this is what he said

Jeff,

Check out the link that Ryan sent you. In addition here are some more details on how our group buys work.

Basically our group buys remove all of the hassle normally associated with a group buy by giving individual access to the lowest quantity discount to each participating member. This means each member gets the lowest price even if they only buy one item. Everybody handles their own order separately so you don’t have to spend a lot of time organizing an order, collecting payment, and disbursing the product to each member. And as a thank you we give each participating member permanent Preferred Customer status which gives them discounts on their future orders.

All you need to do is pick a Tuesday that your group will start and send me a list of members who will be participating. We update accounts on that Tuesday and send everyone an email notifying them that they can buy. Members should have created an account with us prior to the group buy start so we can update their accounts. Members who miss the first list are welcome to send us an email and sign up at anytime during the duration of the group buy. Orders are shipped individually so there is no waiting for one big consolidation. The following Monday we set all account to Preferred Customer status.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2009, 00:05:47 »
I am in on the group buy.
BTW, for those that did not read the entire thread, the group buy is for anything you want to get from their site.

Offline Amstar

• Adult
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2009, 07:33:17 »
we just need enough names and we will all be upgraded.

sign up to BRS, then email me your email address that you used with them so I can forward it to andrew once we get enough names to be upgraded and have a group buy

Offline ohioreef

• Founding Member
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2009, 08:35:26 »
Believe I am already a Premium Member, but I will order some cartridges if you need me to get your 15 people.

Offline CoralBeauties

• Adult
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2009, 17:15:20 »
i emailed andrew and My name was added towards the total that we are getting together. 
jeff

Offline Amstar

• Adult
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2009, 19:41:14 »
I have an email sent to andrew about how he wants to handle if we already have premium members (to BRS).  I asked if they could be counted towards the total number so we reach our group goal so that we can all be upgraded.

So far I have three of us

Offline Amstar

• Adult
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2009, 20:25:18 »
if you are  premium member to BRS you still get the group by prices.  if we get enough people signed up then everyone is upgraded to a premium member for life.

we have 4 people so far

MechanicalEngineer

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2009, 22:22:42 »
I'm already a premium member...I'm in for the group buy.  If we don't get enough people together, I'm still ordering.

Offline Amstar

• Adult
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2009, 22:26:01 »
even if you are a member already send me your BRS info...they will allow those who are members already to count towards the total number of people we have.

out of the 4 we have three of us are already premium members... but without more people we will not get the group buy price

Offline Riderc82

• Adult
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2009, 23:03:53 »
I don't know if I am a premium member but I have an account with them my E-mail address I use to log on is:  Riderc82@yahoo.com I will need some filters soon.

Offline Brians937

• Fry
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2009, 00:39:28 »
I would like to get in, but i would need to know the cost of the RO so i can see if I have the funds to use

MechanicalEngineer

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2009, 06:40:05 »

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2009, 09:02:20 »
Hey guys, please help us out. Just go to BulkReefSupply and sign up. Send Amstar your user name. Even if you don't plan on buying anything now.