2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: READ PLEASE: Something for the kids .Ohio Reef lets get together help them out  (Read 1987 times)

Offline 937 Reefer

• Juvenile
I was at a counseling place yesterday with my daughters ( to make a long story short . Mom and their dad going through a nasty divorce) Im stepdad btw . This is recommended by the courts . So I was there waiting for my daughter as I always do . I was called back to where the kids are for group/ 1 on 1s . it was the dullest ,most negative room. I had ever been in . Bare walls ,a circle of chairs with a clock on the wall pretty much . So I goto the main counseler and ask them about maybe getting together and finding a tank for the kids to look at .  Told  them I would be doing upkeep on it .Maybe donate some frags .

Well I got live sand , possibly the liverock , and a 30 gallon sump , CPR overflow .(going softys later in time) Still need a Tank , lighting , (Can be dirty Im not afraid of cleaning) or any other equipment u would find useful not being used anymore

Was wondering if I do all the footwork if anyone would be willing to donate any equipment or 50-90 gallon tank/stand , fish ? . I got a 90 but not sure if im going to use it here soon. This will be a budget FOWLR setup using my own money for things I cant find or get donated . I really want to do something for these kids and adults who have to sit in that boring ass room 2hrs a session ( they are there due to tough times already without the rooms bareness pulling them down more) . plenty of room I can build stand and canopy myself ,if need be . but looking for someone with stuff to donate they don't want no more . I will list credits and make a plaque when tank is finished to all those who help out . I got a lot of the stuff but will need a few things . if interested please shoot me a PM with a list of things u can donate or cut nice prices on . im not made of money but can toss few dollars for things if need be . This is something I really want to do

« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 14:38:39 by 937 Reefer »

Offline soldiers4christ50

• Adult
What an awesome thought. I'll look around to see if I have anything.

Offline AJ

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
  • A.J.
This is a great cause!!! I am in process of replacing my sand in my tank with a larger particle size, so you are more than welcome to the old sand (I will clean first).  We also have a 90 gallon tank that we may not use (I have to check with the boss first).  It is drilled, but in the bottom and not in good places, so you would need to plug those holes and drill for an overflow.  I will let you know about the tank, if you are interested in the sand, let me know. 

Also, try to post this on Facebook, add me as a friend (AJ Walter from Englewood, my girlfriend and I are the profile pic) and I will share it and maybe get some more participation.

Offline 937 Reefer

• Juvenile
That would be nice A6walter :That would be great .  I have a stand for a 75 or a 90 gallon .I  also have CPR overflow for the tank. Patching the tank will not be a issue . Let me know .Thanks for taking the time to read this

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
I can donate some fish. Just give me a holler when you ready for them

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
Not sure if this is worth it, but I have a 75 and a 90 gallon tank with cracked end panels.  If you were good at revealing the tank, the end panels would be cheap to replace.

Offline chevydoc

• Juvenile
I have a grey and blue damsel id love to gift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Adult
I've got 2 serpent star fish in my sump and a huge blue crab if interested.

Offline Topekoms

• Adult
Do you want drilled or instilled tank?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Offline frogfish

• Juvenile
I am in the process of breeding and raising clownfish.  They are too small right now, but would be large enough in 4 months or so.  I would be happy to donate some. 

Messaging me is best as I am from Cinci and don't heck here often.  But get emails about new messages

Offline AJ

• Adult
  • A.J.
The boss said you may have the 90 gallon tank.  Just let me know when you would be able to come pick it up (i live in Englewood)  I will PM you with my phone number and address.

Offline 937 Reefer

• Juvenile
Tope: Do u have something drilled or better that could make things cheaper . I got tons of fittings and from 1/4-1.5in laying around . But would rather do something with CPR or drilled . A6 says the tank he has is drilled but not in a good place and it needs patched . What do u have to offer ? (beggers cant be choosers) let me know .doesn't have to be drilled I have a CPR overflow or make one out of PVC if need be  :)

Soldiers4: sure

Chevy: would love to take him. (This tank is going to be tossed together beggers cant be choosers) 

Wall: Nah I don't want to ruin anyones property. if it were going to me I would maybe try to repair depending on damage . Thanks for the thought though

Lazy: that would be great

A6: ill be contacting u in the morning

Frog: That would be awesome . kids associate clowns with nemo ect

Ive been dealing with a lot im losing my dad to stage 4 cancer atm . Wifes battling a divorce . We been working tons . Sorry I haven't been on in a few days . I want to say thanks to everyone. Even if u just made a offer or took time to view the thread . The 90 gal sounds like best bet at the moment that A6 is offering ? . I got the director of the buildings number today. Im going to talk to her and see when we can get the mission started . ill shoot u guys my number in the morning in pm

Does anyone have anything for lighting ? (idc T8 T5 MH Cheapo Led anything ? I may do DIY LED , wavemakers , powerheads ? I may have some WM's or PH's not sure ). Or any better ideas for tank or setup so we can all come up and agree on a a plan. I want anyone who donates to have input or ideas to the tank this is group effort .

I want to say anyone who may have any doubts u can call well springs in springfield ohio ask for Bill or Melinda . Ask them if a client of theirs asked if they could try to come up with a saltwater fishtank. Thus for the folks who visit the building in the group room.

Things ill be donating is ,live sand , 90lbs liverock , Soft/LPS Frags (later) (?? light permitting ??) corals, 40 gal sump , Cheato , Return pump , pvc & Fittings , Build , Wood for custom stand if it comes to it  , My time , Up keep
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 00:54:52 by 937 Reefer »

Offline 937 Reefer

• Juvenile
well I had got most of the stuff together.Only to be stopped in my tracks with tons of hoops to jump through ,So I backed out . think god I don't have to return ppls stuff back to them . Im glad I didn't go pick up stuff from u guys .

• Adult
Bummer😩

Offline Grymtooth

• Adult
Would it be alright to ask what happened on it?