2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Newport aquarium  (Read 857 times)

Offline JSellars

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
Newport aquarium
« on: February 02, 2020, 23:09:35 »
Went here today, I’ve been there a few times before, but this is the first time I have been there since having my own reef tank. I was disappointed in the lack of coral throughout the entire place! Also, I’m really confused how they have all these touch tanks and they let thousands of dirty kids hands touch starfish, anemones, sharks and stingrays, I know their water volume is HUGE, but you’d think it would add up to a huge issue long term.

Oh, and I was “that guy” wearing my Ohio Reef shirt lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline erky

• Adult
Re: Newport aquarium
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2020, 11:01:18 »
Newports reef tank is a sad sad sad sight! If you like majanos then that is the tank for you! it has probably 50,000 majanos and two montiporas that are bleaching from lack of light id imagine! I wish i could take over that tank and make it something great with their budget!!!!

Offline JSellars

• Adult
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2020, 12:00:01 »
Newports reef tank is a sad sad sad sight! If you like majanos then that is the tank for you! it has probably 50,000 majanos and two montiporas that are bleaching from lack of light id imagine! I wish i could take over that tank and make it something great with their budget!!!!

Can Ohio reef sponsor their reef tank and do an overhaul on it? I’d be willing to lend a hand!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Gary

• Adult
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2020, 00:58:13 »
It takes a very dedicated effort on a re-occurring basis to maintain an offsite reef tank. I have called about donating corals for there display but they didn't appear to be interested. I will contact them if there are people willing to donate their time.