2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Restart  (Read 760 times)

Offline njrdc

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Juvenile
Restart
« on: February 03, 2020, 15:26:34 »
Its been a long time since I have posted but I need some feedback! Just moved to a new apartment and am looking to setup a new tank. my experience in the past has been a 29 gallon planted tank and a 125 gallon reef but that was about three to four years ago. Right now I am thinking of doing a 20 gallon reef tank but am getting stuck on the lighting part and what kind of filter to go with. For the filter I was going to try a HOB filter. Any led suggestion and why would be great same thing with the filter thanks.

Offline Topekoms

• Adult
Re: Restart
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 17:47:53 »
I prefer T5s I have used several LED in the past and I just never got the color or growth I wanted. I know many people here have gotten good results but I didn't so my vote is T5

Offline JSellars

• Adult
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 18:14:44 »
Really depends what kind of corals you are trying to grow. LEDs are nice, pretty affordable. T5s are simple and reliable but you will need to replace bulbs as they age. I really like the noopsyche LED setup I am using now. Around $240 for the light, controller and mounting bracket. You can do an ocean revive LED light for ~$180 I think, or even a “black box” LED from amazon for around ~$80. Black box lights will grow mostly all softies and LPS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline njrdc

• Juvenile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 18:25:53 »
Its going to be almost all LPS maybe a few sps but nothing to crazy