2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Nano Tank Update  (Read 927 times)

Offline Jooak9

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Fry
Nano Tank Update
« on: April 12, 2020, 20:06:04 »
Hello everyone  :be happy:,

Over the past 8 months or so I have been having some success with my 10 gallon reef tank! I just wanted to say thanks to the community for all of the help and advice that you guys have gave.  It still has some room for improvements but it has turned out better than what I would have expected when I first set it up!  Here is a short video to show you a little of what is going on!

Happy Easter everybody! - Josh

Offline Keith92

• Keith92
  • Adult
Re: Nano Tank Update
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2020, 20:25:03 »
Very Nice!

I wish I had your attention to detail. The light fixture and using MarinePure as rock is genius!

Offline Jooak9

• Fry
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2020, 20:38:23 »
Very Nice!

I wish I had your attention to detail. The light fixture and using MarinePure as rock is genius!

Thanks Keith.  It has definitely been a lot of fun putting this thing together.  The Marine Pure with its ginormous surface area and the ability to host a ton of beneficial bacteria made for a really nice upgrade compared to normal live rock when you consider the small size of the tank that I started with.

I have had some debacles along the way as well! :not speak:  I will have to show you guys some of the challenges I have had to sort through one of these days! (Plus - I am sure - many future challenges still to come) knock on wood for me!!  :beee:

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2020, 11:10:17 »
It is coming along well. A scolymia, wellso or orange torch would be a perfect choice for that corner.

Offline dbowman

• Adult
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2020, 11:20:09 »
great video! red or orange is definitely on the palette for future painting of this beautiful piece of art.