2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Nursing Corals back to health  (Read 6751 times)

slandis3

Re: Nursing Corals back to health
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2009, 20:18:57 »
I know there are a few different forms of pills. Udjustin and I were using the same. Now I use better salt so all my colors came back anyway.

Lost Floridian

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2009, 22:53:40 »

I know there are a few different forms of pills. Udjustin and I were using the same. Now I use better salt so all my colors came back anyway.

Everyone needs to quite beating around the bush with all the different forms of Potassium, just get the real deal lab grade Potassium and throw it in your tank....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGqBbbECZxA&feature=related#watch-main-area

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2009, 23:28:08 »
Everyone needs to quite beating around the bush with all the different forms of Potassium, just get the real deal lab grade Potassium and throw it in your tank....
Screw potassium go strait for Francium.  For those that have forgotten how the table works (most normal people  :laugh:) as you down in a column the element is more reactive  :o

Cleaning out the college chemistry stockroom they found a glass vial of Francium under oil.  They had to call bomb squad to dispose of it.... But I digress
75G Mixed Reef w/ 30G sump/refuge

Electrical Engineers do it on impulse, with faster rise times, with more power, and less resistance at higher frequencies, without shorts, until it Hertz

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2009, 13:02:09 »

So what do I get

Potassium Cloride
Potassium Permangonate
Potassium Nitrate
Potassium Sulfate

Also a recommendation of where to order something like this from?

Reefd Up

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2009, 16:44:42 »
NOT potassium permanganate...unless you're trying to kill Montipora-eating Nudibranchs.  I think Potassium chloride is usually what is dosed...don't quote me on that though.  I need to double check.  I'll get you the link to iherb.com too for what you should order.

I really don't think potassium is your problem though.  You don't have the symptoms of it.

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2009, 20:34:15 »
At first I thought someone's significant other was just trying to be confusing, but then at work, it was blocking the youtube link.  Now that I'm at home I see that he really was just being a smart ?X?!

I figured that Potassium Chloride was probably the form we wanted.  But let me know.

I did manage to kill a green birdsnest.  I thought it was because I wasn't paying attention and let cyno get on it......but maybe the Potassium is part of the problem.  My yellow stylos were fine but I had a pink stylo that appeared to get a jelly infection.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 20:49:23 by Wall_Tank »

Reefd Up

« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2009, 21:10:52 »
Hm.  Are you keeping a lot of corals?  Low potassium is a pretty rare occurance.  Oh, and I apologize for Will...he likes to cause trouble!  :laugh:

What about upping the water changes first?  What salt are you using? 

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2009, 21:28:08 »
Oh no need to apologize, all in good fun. 

I have almost all SPS, probably 30 to 40 pieces, mostly frags to small colonies.   I was already upping my water changes to try to combat the cyno.

I'm using RSCP now.   I was using Oceanic and adjusting Alk for balance.  Other that not fighting a cronic low alk anymore, I didn't notice a thing from switching to RSCP.  I'm only on my second bucket of RSCP.