2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: questions of clownfish breeding  (Read 1090 times)

Offline Chris

• Juvenile
questions of clownfish breeding
« on: March 09, 2013, 02:09:47 »
i bought a breeding pair of clownfish couple weeks ago.
i do have some experience about coral fragging, but never try to breeding fish before.
i have two tank right now. one is 75 gallon with two engineer gobies and a yellow tang.
the other is a 30 gallon with only a pair of peppermint shrimp.
my question is, which tank should i keep them, in order to encourage them to breed???

Offline charlieweaver

• Adult
Re: questions of clownfish breeding
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 07:34:35 »
Well never tried that myself. But I did come across this website site before.  Don't know it you have seen if before. http://www.breedclownfish.com.   but I'm sure someone will help you out on here with there own personal experiences.   Good luck

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Offline Neogenesis

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 08:59:00 »
They will breed in either place with time, but if your serious about raising the live stock, a bare bones setup just for them is the best to ease the collection of fry.  Not sure how much you've researched this, but it will take yet another system for grow out as you can't leave the babies with the parents, you'll need to culture rotifiers, and at first they need to be fed every few hours.  There are some great books out there, I would highly suggest picking  them up as I'm no expert, and you'll need a lot more complete guide than what you'll find on the web.  It takes a LOT of time and patience to raise healthy quality fry.  I wish you luck and keep us posted with your progress.

Offline Chris

• Juvenile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 01:19:37 »
thanks everyone! i decided to leave them in the 75, maybe they will feel happier with a larger tank. hope they might breed!