2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: 400 W MH effects  (Read 955 times)

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
  • My munchkins! :)
400 W MH effects
« on: April 23, 2012, 08:22:59 »
So I changed out the 250's for 400's.  My huge anemone that has been in the same spot since 2005 decided he didn't like the new lighting, go figure!  I still had the glass covers on and a few layers of screen so it hadn't even had the full effect yet!  It slowly started moving off the rock and around the general area which it does once in a while.  It's foot never completely unattaches and this time it did.  I moved it back to it's place and put the 250 back on that end of the tank and he seems open and happy again.  I changed out the actinic pc bulb for an actanic/white pc bulb.  The look really isn't bad so I may just keep it this way, at least for now.  :)   

Offline Boonjob

• Reefkeeping: Go Broke or Go Home
Re: 400 W MH effects
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 08:33:31 »
Think maybe the screen dulled the power lower on the 400's than the 250? maybe he was just starving for energy?

stupid anemone's who ever thought it was a good idea to make them mobile........
God is great, Beer is good, and People are crazy...

Life is a beach, I'm just playing in the sand.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/boonjob-s-reef-tank

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 08:37:23 »
Cody I thought of that and right away took the screen off that area.  As soon as it had full 400 lighting for a day it came completely un-attached.  Since putting the 250 back on it looks and acts like it always did.  I may try the 400 again another time just for griggles and gins!  :D

Offline Boonjob

• Reefkeeping: Go Broke or Go Home
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 08:39:51 »
Well if it works leave it be I guess ;)

Still don't think they should have feet. or a foot rather.
God is great, Beer is good, and People are crazy...

Life is a beach, I'm just playing in the sand.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/boonjob-s-reef-tank

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 08:43:19 »
I guess I was wrong when I said it hadn't had the full effect of the 400 because I did try that section without screen for the one day.  Anywho, for now I'll leave the 250 on there.  I'll play around with it more some other time to see what its "foot" does!  :D