2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: aquarium leak  (Read 1336 times)

Offline mrwad12

• Fry
aquarium leak
« on: September 26, 2012, 18:59:26 »
looking for some advice or quick fixes if there are any.....i bought a tank threw it in the back of my truck and filled it up to check for leaks and found none.  set the tank up in the house and put my fish in it and found the tiniest leak in one of the bulkheads(no big deal as it can be fixed next water change). so then i go on vacation for a week, and all of a sudden my floor is wet, not drenched but wet. i initially assumed the bulkhead leak had worsened but only to learn it hasnt. long story short i come to find a leak in the bottom corner of the tank. it more than a trickle but not spraying water.  are there any quick fixes for this situation or is it a complete tear down, recaulk, and get rid of my fish situation?  any help would be nice although im sure i got some work ahead of me

Offline bkvreef

• Adult
Re: aquarium leak
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 19:24:26 »
If it were me I would find a spare tank to move everything into.  I don't know if there is a solution but in my opinion a slow leak leads to a big leak!  Unless you can fix it.

Good luck!!!!
Thanks and God Bless,
John

Offline Twizted1

• Adult
Re: aquarium leak
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 20:06:28 »
You can use a Rubbermaid tub or something of the sort for the fish for now. It may be a small leak now but it has the potential to blow the hole side out. Needs fixed ASAP.