2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: How to transfer Ricordea from frag disc to rock without damage  (Read 3682 times)

xdemoncaff3in3x

How to transfer Ricordea from frag disc to rock without damage ... Anyone have does this before would be useful ..an should i glue it to the rock ...or just set in the still part in the tank.?

Offline Secondgen

• Lifetime Premium Member
Re: How to transfer Ricordea from frag disc to rock without damage
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 00:05:37 »
I would glue it so that it does not end up somewhere that you do not want it to be. You could also use a rubberband to loosely keep it on the rock until it fully attaches.

Offline Emily

• Scavenger Queen
  • Adult
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 10:34:46 »
I have also had success with putting the recordia ina shotglass withrubble around it. and keep it in there until it attatches.  Sometimes you need to put a netting over the top of the glass also...it depends on flow.
Emily

Offline scott wilson

• Adult
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2007, 21:10:57 »
You can take a wood chisel and place it flat against the plug at the base where the rock is attached to the plug and coral.  Then press it into the rock and give it a gentle but firm twist this should snap the glue free form the plug.  Since your ricordea is attached to rock you need to glue that small rubble down to something or else it may end up somewhere you do not want.  Glue is your friend :)

Offline verper

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2007, 21:18:26 »
You can take a wood chisel and place it flat against the plug at the base where the rock is attached to the plug and coral.

It better be a Craftsman chisel.  Any other brand and it would be a crime!   :police:

xdemoncaff3in3x

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2007, 21:22:57 »
Okay Scott I will pick dome up over at your place this week if you have any in stock..too late on the snow ..Joel sold me some ..ill try it until it runs out then ill go with your feeding ideas  but the Ricordea ..is looking great .. wish it hurry an grow..lol  but i drilled a hole in some base rock i had to fit the peg on the bottom of the disk...can i just leave i on the frag stool.?  or best to add it to the rock direct...If i do glue that to the rock ..ill pay you to do it i want to see how you go about doing that .aswell as fragin  ...i need more rock too.lol.. love the look of it..i would have bought more my ride was ready to get done he had things to do...darn it i paid him ten to run me there next time he can have a set on the couch...i need a clean up crew too ..,.Joel has some great prices but they will be gone time i get there..... i need snails an crabs etc do long they dont kill each other over there shells......but ill call later in the week to see if anything had changed....

xdemoncaff3in3x

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2007, 21:24:42 »
LOL verper --- big lots special..of course craftsman  :D