2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Buy it in the bag & Meeting Raffel  (Read 5799 times)

Offline Joel

• Adult
Buy it in the bag & Meeting Raffel
« on: February 09, 2009, 08:40:00 »
I posted a few days ago that I would like to do the March Club meeting & I have posted a fish / Clean up crew special in the Club members Forum that is for Presidents day.

At the club meeting in March there will be several give a ways offered as well as coupons / gift certificates that will be up for grabs to Premium club members. A couple of the freebies are going to be pretty nice.

The Presidents Day Special & Clean up crew special that are being offered have some significant discounts on fish and some inverts. Many of the items being offered are 1/2 price, some are even more discounted.

I have been getting PM's and even a couple phone calls about the Presidents day Buy it in the bag special wanting to know the details and the prices and "how do I place the order" etc. And, I'm getting PM's about what are you giving away at the March Club meeting - what do I have to do to win it?

This post is to address those inquiries. The short, simple answer - become a premium member.

I know that there was a recent thread bashing having to pay to be a premium member to this club.  I've even seen and heard some talk about where does that money go - who's pocketing the money - etc. The cost of operating this site is nominal, true, - but with the talk of club events such as a frag swap or better / larger club meetings with guest speakers and such, it's going to take some money to achieve these things.  Renting a hall for a frag swap or paying a speaker to do a lecture (or both)  would be awesome but, is not cheap and for sure not going to be free. Sponsorship and membership dues are going enable this club to meet these goals and I think that many members would like to see these types of things happen.

In my opinion, one of the perks of being a premium club member is the specials offered to only the premium club members. That is why these specials are only listed in the members area and are only being offered to premium members and, that is why the freebies  and coupons / gift certificates given away at the club meeting are for premium members only. It's a way of saying, thanks for your support of the club.

My intent of this post was to answer some of the questions that I have been getting but also to possibly motivate more persons to pay the $10.00 per year membership fee. The specials and offers we will have this year will more than off set the 10 dollar fee to become a premium member and become elligable for the members only specials.  For you non members, a sneak peek of the presidents Day Buy it in the bag special - Copperban Butterfly $16.50 or six line wrasse $8.50 or Huma Huma Trigger $15.00 This is a tiny example of what is being offered.

So to recap, please help to support Ohio Reef.
The Presidents day special is for premium members only, if you want to order something off it, become a premium member.
Only Premium club members are eligible to win freebies & Coupons / Gift Certificates given away at the club meetings
The entire club and it's members are who benefits from the membership fees, not an individual or some individuals.

The small 10 fee will help the club grow and will pay for itself the first time you participate in a member only special or club meeting.
If your interested in joining, contact a board member, Rick (Slicktrax) may be the best person to PM about this.

Please feel free to ask any additional question.

Thanks...Joel
Owner
Aquariums Etc.

Offline Kenn

• Lifetime Premium Member
Re: Buy it in the bag & Meeting Raffel
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 15:54:12 »
Well...Let me be the first to say "How do I sign up"?  ;D
Currently doing a 75g build | http://ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=16275.0| tanks of the past : 26g Bowfront LPS and Fish| http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=4858.0 || 37g a little of everything | http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=7751.0

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."   < K >

Offline lightningfront

• Adult
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 16:39:34 »
I'd like to get in on some of the buy it in the bag specials but they are always on days that I have to work as I work nights I can not pick up during the week. If you did one that delivered on a friday that would be great as I work mon-thurs.

When are the monthlty meeting normally held? Working nights I could not attend during the week but if they are on weekends I might be able to make it.
28 NanoCube CF Quad

My tank thread
http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=8341

slandis3

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 16:52:21 »
i work nights as well but  im taking a vacation day  ;D

Offline Joel

• Adult
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 17:19:21 »
Well...Let me be the first to say "How do I sign up"?  ;D

If your interested in joining, contact a board member, Rick (Slicktrax) may be the best person to PM about this.

[/quote]

Offline lightningfront

• Adult
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 18:14:15 »
i work nights as well but  im taking a vacation day  ;D

I might have to do that for the next one after my 125 is up and running I will need a large CUC.
28 NanoCube CF Quad

My tank thread
http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=8341

MechanicalEngineer

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 19:36:24 »
You can also join by going to the home page of this website.  There is a PayPal link (make sure to type in your screenname on here as well as your email address and name...so we know who you are.  It'll speed up your access to the site.)  You can also join when you come to the meeting by giving the dues to an officer (myself, Scott - verper, or Rick - slicktrax). 

We try to vary the meetings...some are on weeknights, some are on the weekend.  We find that this gets us the largest variety of members that can attend.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me. 

Now, back to freebies & great discounts! - Brought to you by Aquarium's Etc.  :)

Offline Baggerhog

• Adult
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2009, 22:21:29 »
Sounds great Joel, I look forward to the meeting. I we have a great turn out. I appreciate all that you do for us paid members, and look forward to more group buys in the future.
Andy
Batavia, Ohio
500 Reef with 320 gallon sump setup