2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Adhesives for Coral Frags per BRS video  (Read 1479 times)

Offline Agame43

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
Adhesives for Coral Frags per BRS video
« on: December 28, 2019, 21:52:33 »
[font=trebuchet All,
  Had several folks ask or talk about frag glue at the Xmas party, so I thought I would post what I currently use. I use the BSI(bought on BRS site) with great results, put a dab on the plug - place the frag - wet it - twist it and place on rack. I use about the same procedure for the BRS adhesive but it seems to take a few seconds longer to set up before placing on rack. One of the most variable adhesives is Gorilla Gel, some lots are good some are like water. Watch the BRS video made in November for a great Top 5 adhesive rundown. The BRS adhesive can be used under water without plugging the nozzle - nice! And look at BSI, what if I do mess around and plug a nozzle - no problem we give you some spares - that is cool! This BSI pack is the 50g pack - larger, they do make a smaller one as well.

Cheers Rick][/font]

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
Re: Adhesives for Coral Frags per BRS video
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2019, 22:20:08 »
Never had good luck with the BRS non-branded tubes....maybe they changed.  I buy BSI religiously.  They also make a curing spray, that sets the glue up quick for fragging......just be careful, as curing causes heat, so rinse and get in water quickly.

BTW. BSI stands for Bob Smith Industries......

Offline Agame43

• Adult
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2019, 23:28:58 »
Paul, agree, I do prefer the BSI better as well. I have to admit I have not used the BRS as much yet, I will finish both tubes I bought and see what happens. I was not aware that BSI made a quick stiffener, I use a different brand sometimes.

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult

Offline SweetReefOH

• Adult
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2019, 19:36:24 »
Does no one just use Loc-tite?

Offline Steve

• Adult
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2020, 11:36:17 »
Used to use Loc-tite, now I use Gorilla glue. I like it because the tip seems to stay unclogged better than most. I have had some watery bottles, but I know Gorilla glue says to shake the bottle, maybe that's why.

Offline andys1982

• Adult
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2020, 10:04:58 »
I get Bob Smith in bulk off amazon.  Nice and cheap and does the trick.