2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Urbana Frag Swap - December 03, 2011  (Read 15360 times)

Offline Neogenesis

Re: Urbana Frag Swap
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2011, 18:01:07 »
Unfortunately I'm not handing out just snails.  Buk is just getting whatever is living in the Cheato.  Sry

Offline itsalifestyle

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2011, 11:00:48 »
Everyone don't forget your serge protectors and if you have extention cords would be great trying to make sure everyone has power if needed thanks

Offline Boonjob

• Reefkeeping: Go Broke or Go Home
« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2011, 11:02:10 »
Surge or GFCI units? or both?

I dont need one, but I just want to clarify for everyone else who may...
God is great, Beer is good, and People are crazy...

Life is a beach, I'm just playing in the sand.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/boonjob-s-reef-tank

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2011, 11:59:21 »
Yes gfci are required and we will check every device in water. We don't want to shutdown systems but we will.

Offline DarinSchmidt

• darinschmidt@gmail.com
  • The wisest man knows he knows nothing at all.
« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2011, 12:07:40 »
Tell him to look at my stuff first, poppa needs a new 4-way oceans motion.  :hysterical:

Whats wrong Slandis3, no motion in your ocean ;)

Offline slandis3

• Slandiscreations
« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2011, 12:28:28 »
got plenty to spare, nothing wrong with a little extra.

Offline Reefpete

• My pain is self chosen
« Reply #56 on: November 30, 2011, 14:46:32 »
Unfortunately I'm not handing out just snails.  Buk is just getting whatever is living in the Cheato.  Sry

Wasn't asking for a "handout" but thanks anyway. Have a good one

Offline Neogenesis

« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2011, 14:52:21 »
Didn't mean it in that way.  If I had a huge supply, I would gladly pass them out.  But with the probs I've got in the tank right now, I need every snail I can get.  I'm just not taking the time to dig through the chaeto I harvest for others to pick them out.  Hell....at the rate I'm growing chaeto I definitely have something going on, I just haven't figured it out yet.  In a matter of 2 weeks, I've doubled my amount of chaeto again, to the point it won't even spin in the fuge.  In the entire life of the tank I've never grown it this fast.

Didn't mean to come off in a bad way.

Offline Reefpete

• My pain is self chosen
« Reply #58 on: November 30, 2011, 14:53:36 »
Didn't mean it in that way.  If I had a huge supply, I would gladly pass them out.  But with the probs I've got in the tank right now, I need every snail I can get.  I'm just not taking the time to dig through the chaeto I harvest for others to pick them out.  Hell....at the rate I'm growing chaeto I definitely have something going on, I just haven't figured it out yet.  In a matter of 2 weeks, I've doubled my amount of chaeto again, to the point it won't even spin in the fuge.  In the entire life of the tank I've never grown it this fast.

Didn't mean to come off in a bad way.

Interesting...

I am rather sorry to hear about your problems though.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 14:58:44 by Reefpete »

Offline Neogenesis

« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2011, 14:39:02 »
I've lowered prices on some of the stuff I've put up and would like to move.  Large Green Welso now $50....that's easily a $80 or more piece in a store.  I would really like to see this in someone else's tank soon!!!

Offline slandis3

• Slandiscreations
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2011, 20:29:57 »
Okay so how is the frag swap working? Is the like most of the others ones as in there are tables setup or do we need to bring our own?

Kinda wondering myself, will there be tables to set our stuff on?

Offline itsalifestyle

• Adult
« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2011, 23:19:57 »
I have table going to be set up

Offline buk

• Juvenile
« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2011, 09:56:32 »
last day to preochestrate trades and buys. is anyone just bringing coral or equipment to trade that isn't on fragswapper?

Offline rosebud161616

• Fry
« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2011, 10:36:09 »
There's some good stuff up there on fragswapper! I look forward to seeing everyone at the swap!

Buk -- what are you looking for? We have some equipment laying around that we want to sell but just haven't had time to inventory what we have and list it anywhere...

Offline buk

• Juvenile
« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2011, 10:39:20 »
oh heck i have no idea. can't really say i need anything just always on the prowl i guess. lol are you going to be bringing anything besides your fragswapper items tomorrow?

Offline rosebud161616

• Fry
« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2011, 10:41:11 »
oh heck i have no idea. can't really say i need anything just always on the prowl i guess. lol are you going to be bringing anything besides your fragswapper items tomorrow?

Probably won't get around to it just like every other time! :) We may find the motivation though...

I'm surprised you need any equipment with the way you clean up at those raffles  :smiley-happy112:

Offline buk

• Juvenile
« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2011, 10:44:24 »
lol...like i said i don't really need anything. but new toys are always fun to play with.

Offline Neogenesis

« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2011, 10:53:29 »
I'm only bringing what's been requested through swapper.  I don't have enough equipment to bring all my frags with me.

Offline buk

• Juvenile
« Reply #68 on: December 02, 2011, 11:02:35 »
i'm sure i'll have a few surprises in tow. not sure exactly what yet though. and it's nothing for me to load up some extra stuff laying around. so if you're looking for anything ask me i may have it out in the car. corals i'll have with me in the cooler.

Offline Neogenesis

« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2011, 11:08:17 »
I'm needing some bulkheads if you have any of those.  I found a leaky one on my overflow which won't reseal.

Offline rosebud161616

• Fry
« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2011, 11:11:44 »
I'm needing some bulkheads if you have any of those.  I found a leaky one on my overflow which won't reseal.

Hmmm I may have some extras in one of the misc. plumbing bins in the closet... what size? Schedule 40 or 80?

Also, if it's just the gasket that's bad, Savko here in Columbus sells just the gaskets. They ship all over, but maybe it's more expensive to pay even the cheap shipping from cbus to findlay than it to get a whole new bulkhead locally...

Offline Neogenesis

« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2011, 11:18:52 »
I'm not sure what the prob was, the seal looks good, but it leaks like hell right down the threads, so I was just going to replace the entire thing.  I'm guessing it would be Sch40 as it goes into a overflow box to accept 1" PVC.

Offline buk

• Juvenile
« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2011, 11:21:49 »
i had my overflow doing the same thing a few weeks ago. i dropped my water level, pulled the overflow off, put a small bead of silicone all the way around the gaskets (both sides of the gaskets), then reassembled it. it took a pretty good leak and sealed it up great.

Offline Neogenesis

« Reply #73 on: December 02, 2011, 11:26:24 »
would love to do that, didn't think of it at the time, but to do that I had to cut the PVC, which means I can't reuse it.  It's to short to patch up.  The ones that came with it also cush because the slip side only accept thin walled metric crap.  Makes it tough to make custom caps and such to keep them quiet.  They needed switched out anyway.  They are slip - slip, next set will be slip - thread.

Offline rosebud161616

• Fry
« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2011, 11:36:33 »
I'll see if I have any 1" schedule 40 slip-thread when I get home. Sounds like something I may just have...