2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Scariest Fish!  (Read 2293 times)

MechanicalEngineer

Scariest Fish!
« on: November 14, 2007, 16:14:03 »
Will and I decided to go into a Jacks while passing just for shiggles and gits.  While in there, I saw a fish labeled as a Bicolor Blenny.  I happened to point him out to Will since we have one, and in doing so, the fish violently started attacking the glass. 

That's when I realized...I don't think it was a Blenny at all.  This was some mutant fish.  The head was very rounded...similar to that of an eel.  It had a more rounded mouth...with rather large fangs.  The majority of the body was a dark black, but the very edge of the back fins was orange.  Its front fins could perch like a goby, but I've never seen a goby with fangs.  The fish couldn't even close its mouth all the way b/c of the teeth.  It also had a small area it had tried to burrow into the sand.  It also was lacking the typical eyebrows.

Either way, I've never seen a fish so violently attack glass before.  It followed my finger around the glass trying to get me.  Whatever it was...I'm not buying it!!! 

Yeeesh...I'm glad I got my Blenny from Joel!

Edit:  I'm thinking now it's one of the fanged blennies...I'd never seen one before.  If I find a picture that looks like it, I'll post.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 16:34:12 by MechanicalEngineer »