2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Craigslist Co2  (Read 4706 times)

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
Re: Craigslist Co2
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2010, 21:57:24 »
Yes, put the probe in the 1st chamber.    The only benefit of the second chamber is to raise the ph.  If your going to measure the effluent PH in a cup in the sump, then the second chamber really has no value.   Unless for some reason you have a very small reactor, and your trying to add media volume.

Hmm lol I guess its not that hard to drill a hole in the first chamber and installing a "probe bulkhead" later on.
75G Mixed Reef w/ 30G sump/refuge

Electrical Engineers do it on impulse, with faster rise times, with more power, and less resistance at higher frequencies, without shorts, until it Hertz

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2010, 22:06:34 »
Hmm lol I guess its not that hard to drill a hole in the first chamber and installing a "probe bulkhead" later on.

I bought plastic electrical  cord grips for the diameter of the probe.  They have 1/2" NPT threads on them.   I still have 3 of these left, and the tap.  Drilling and tapping acrylic can be adventuresome, just take your time.

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2010, 22:12:08 »
be carefull on wich bulkhead u get mine wasnt for pipes  it was for an electric box and the tap for it was like 300
SIZE DOES MATTER

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2010, 22:42:13 »
I bought plastic electrical  cord grips for the diameter of the probe.  They have 1/2" NPT threads on them.   I still have 3 of these left, and the tap.  Drilling and tapping acrylic can be adventuresome, just take your time.

LOL i just did them on the reactor bodies the other day.  the barbs ar 1/4-18 threads, but i only had a 1/4-20  I drilled and tapped 2 holes.  1 fit perfect and the other seemed about 1 sizes too small lol.  same bit and tap and used a drill press to drill... must be quality control on lowes' crap.
75G Mixed Reef w/ 30G sump/refuge

Electrical Engineers do it on impulse, with faster rise times, with more power, and less resistance at higher frequencies, without shorts, until it Hertz