2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: What is going on???  (Read 1518 times)

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
  • My munchkins! :)
What is going on???
« on: October 17, 2011, 20:09:29 »
 :-Cry  So I'm sitting there looking at my upstairs tank and I see my male mandarin laying on his back, I see he is obviously dead.  My tanks are overflowing with pods and I've seen both my male and female mandarins eat anything I've put in the tank.  I look at there stomachs all the time to make sure they are fat and happy.  I pull him out, his color looks great, his belly is full but he is dead...  What is up with this?!? 

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
Re: What is going on???
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 20:11:25 »
That sucks sorry to hear

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 20:13:54 »
thanks Brian, just really weird.  Both he and the female have been acting fine...

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 20:50:47 »
How long you have him?  Just one of those weird things... for example how would you diagnose cancer in a fish??  you really couldnt they would just die one day... If water is good and he was eating fine, he probably would have died just the same in the wild.
75G Mixed Reef w/ 30G sump/refuge

Electrical Engineers do it on impulse, with faster rise times, with more power, and less resistance at higher frequencies, without shorts, until it Hertz

Offline Todd W.

• Adult
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 21:57:52 »
Sorry to hear about your loss.  My fat happy healthy mandarin died about a week or so ago.  No reason, just disappeared.

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 22:30:53 »
sorry to hear
SIZE DOES MATTER

Offline Sunny

• Adult
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 23:04:12 »
Sorry to hear that Micki. 

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2011, 23:06:48 »

Thanks guys.  I've had him for a long time.  I don't even remember for sure when I got him now.  In the past year I believe.  I've had my frmale at least 3 years I think.  The weird thing is he was so healthy looking.  If he did have a cancer or something like that you would think he would at least lose some color or something.  He looked bright colored as usual. 

Offline coral ranch

• Adult
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2011, 22:20:11 »
Sorry to here that mikki.
 Our extra large mandarine is on his last leg he has a large tumor on his head and he seems to be losing his ability to swim. He has been a resident of coral ranch for 5 years.

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2011, 06:52:43 »
Sorry to here that mikki.
 Our extra large mandarine is on his last leg he has a large tumor on his head and he seems to be losing his ability to swim. He has been a resident of coral ranch for 5 years.

:'(  I'm sorry to hear that...