2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Wooot. Guess what I'm doing tonight.  (Read 1984 times)

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
Wooot. Guess what I'm doing tonight.
« on: February 02, 2012, 18:37:04 »

Offline Kenn

• Lifetime Premium Member
Re: Wooot. Guess what I'm doing tonight.
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 18:40:46 »
OH SNAP !
Currently doing a 75g build | http://ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=16275.0| tanks of the past : 26g Bowfront LPS and Fish| http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=4858.0 || 37g a little of everything | http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=7751.0

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."   < K >

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 19:48:29 »
dont know what are u doing ?
SIZE DOES MATTER

Offline kattz

• Old surfer dude
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 19:53:15 »
DID IT RELEASE???
90g SPS and LPS reef tank, 35g sump, ceramic rock by The Alternative Reef, Neptune Apex w 2 X EB8's, Moonlight module, ATI Sunpower Dimmable 8 X 39W T5's, Octopus Extreme 160 skimmer, PM Kalkwasser Reactor, 2 X Vortech MP40's, Geo 618 Ca reactor

Various thriving montipora, acropora, stylopora, wellsophyllia, blastomussa, hammer, anchor, and frogspawn, lobophyllia, rhizotrychus, pavona, scroll, and pagoda SPS and LPS corals, but no fish because I was too stupid to QT...

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 20:31:30 »
You kidd'n me.   This is Blizzard. :)

Closed Public Beta.

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 20:32:41 »
You kidd'n me.   This is Blizzard. :)

Closed Public Beta.
nope im for real this time looks like a game
SIZE DOES MATTER

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 20:34:41 »
Diablo III

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 21:43:36 »
And it begins....
75G Mixed Reef w/ 30G sump/refuge

Electrical Engineers do it on impulse, with faster rise times, with more power, and less resistance at higher frequencies, without shorts, until it Hertz

Offline kattz

• Old surfer dude
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2012, 23:07:13 »
Hey, Paul, how do you think that would run on my new system? (Intel 2600K o/c'd to 5.2GHz with dual ATI 6870's in Crossfire)?
90g SPS and LPS reef tank, 35g sump, ceramic rock by The Alternative Reef, Neptune Apex w 2 X EB8's, Moonlight module, ATI Sunpower Dimmable 8 X 39W T5's, Octopus Extreme 160 skimmer, PM Kalkwasser Reactor, 2 X Vortech MP40's, Geo 618 Ca reactor

Various thriving montipora, acropora, stylopora, wellsophyllia, blastomussa, hammer, anchor, and frogspawn, lobophyllia, rhizotrychus, pavona, scroll, and pagoda SPS and LPS corals, but no fish because I was too stupid to QT...

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2012, 23:38:30 »
Hey, Paul, how do you think that would run on my new system? (Intel 2600K o/c'd to 5.2GHz with dual ATI 6870's in Crossfire)?

Specs are not that high.  I am running a quad core i7 with Dual ATI 6800 series cards (I forget the exact card).    All graphics are maxed out.   

Graphics are decent, with some cool fx and sound.   I've been playing the 1st act (All that is in the Beta), learning my way around.   Going to jump on BattleNet tomorrow.

Offline Boonjob

• Reefkeeping: Go Broke or Go Home
Re: Re: Wooot. Guess what I'm doing tonight.
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2012, 23:39:38 »

Maybe on low settings.... ;P .... our as paul stated.... are you kidding me this is blizzard.... I will be suprised if a Dx480 has a rough time with it... ok so that may be extreme but you get the point... their system requirements are always notouriously low... obviously for a reason; the more that play the merrier....

What'd ya think of it thus far paul?

I think you'll see more titles and such being pumped out by blizzard as their money train slows down on WoW.... swtor already knocked a considerable hole in that fan base.
God is great, Beer is good, and People are crazy...

Life is a beach, I'm just playing in the sand.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/boonjob-s-reef-tank

Offline kattz

• Old surfer dude
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2012, 23:41:23 »
You lucky
Specs are not that high.  I am running a quad core i7 with Dual ATI 6800 series cards (I forget the exact card).    All graphics are maxed out.   

Graphics are decent, with some cool fx and sound.   I've been playing the 1st act (All that is in the Beta), learning my way around.   Going to jump on BattleNet tomorrow.
dog!

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2012, 00:42:12 »
OMG! You lucky dog. Can't wait until it releases. I guess we won't see you for a few days Paul.

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
Wooot. Guess what I'm doing tonight.
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2012, 07:22:38 »
I heard to instal just the beta you need 15 GB, is it really that big?
75G Mixed Reef w/ 30G sump/refuge

Electrical Engineers do it on impulse, with faster rise times, with more power, and less resistance at higher frequencies, without shorts, until it Hertz

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2012, 08:17:41 »
I heard to instal just the beta you need 15 GB, is it really that big?

The download mechanism was pretty cool.   It used direct links to Blizzard, and also P2P protocols from other D3 clients who have high bandwidth.   Not sure if they will use that in the normal game, but it allows mass distribution of data without a huge load on Blizzard Servers.    The Download was about 4GB and uncompressed is about 16GB.

So far its cool, but then again its Diablo.   Game play follows the same Diablo (Fairly Linear) flow.  But having 5 character classes (Male and Female) should keep this fresh.  Most of the changes that have been discussed on the blogs have been rolled into the Beta.   Town Portal Stone. etc.

The blacksmith in town is interesting, you can train the blacksmith, increasing his level allows him to craft better items.    But I would suspect that you will never be able to craft an item as good as you will be able to get through a random drop.   You have to cash in so many magic and or rare items to be able to craft an new items.    There are a fair amount of items that are limited to a character class, as opposed to a specific stat.