Author Topic: OSUCKS  (Read 1355 times)

Offline REDPYRO

• Hey Everybody!
  • Who did what now?
    • MrLevek Productions
OSUCKS
« on: January 09, 2007, 07:12:35 »
Damn they got thumped... 

How about worst coaching call of the year 4-1 own 29 in the second quarter.  Althought they pretty much had lost at that point which is just sad.

Even Florida's field goal kicker who was what 4 for 13 on the year got into the action.

Offline ohioreef

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Founding Member
Re: OSUCKS
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 07:37:28 »
You gotta admit, OSU has been doing pretty good for a while now, they had one coming. Just a shame it had to be this particular game.

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
  • My munchkins! :)
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 07:51:59 »
57 days without a game, a little big headed, and without one of their best players...

Not a good combination.  It was too bad.  :(

jenghes

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 08:37:43 »
I saw it coming after Michigan got thumped in the Rose Bowl.  I think that the Big 10 is not as strong as the critics were saying.

Offline REDPYRO

• Hey Everybody!
  • Who did what now?
    • MrLevek Productions
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 09:39:33 »
Big 10 relise on its run game to much to play a team that throws the ball.  OSU play 0% man coverage.  Its very easy to dink and dunk a zone to pieces. 

Troy smith was and is so over rated.  The hiesman doesnt go to the best player it goes to the croud favorite.  How many H winners have done anything in the NFL in the last 20 years?  maybe 6.... because a running QB is coveted in the college game but doesnt translate to the next level.  This is why I find myself less and less interested in the college game every year.  Its all about hype and less about playing the games. 

Why are college sports teams ranked before they play a game?  in every sport

Because coachs and writers play favorites while the gay computer crunches numbers....it comes down to playing the game.  apparently people have forgotten that

jenghes

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 11:27:51 »
Funny - I agree completely.  I wish there was a playoff in college ball. 

The Heisman is a joke - it is almost a guarantee that the winner will go on to do nothing in pro ball.  Hands down, I believe that it should have gone to the Hawaii QB based on numbers.  But....  not my call.  I would love to see Brennan play in a more challenging schedule.  I look forward to seeing what he can do in the pro's.

bigfalcon36

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 13:59:42 »
We'll never see a playoff as long as the universities are getting the kind of money they are for bowl appearances. 

Although, I would like to see a playoff tree, it would get rid of the stale-ness (if that is a word) of some of these teams...like tOSU and Michigan.  Either a playoff tree or a bowl season that is closer to the end of the regular season.

I didnt recognize either team last night...Florida hasn't looked that good all year...if they did, they would've been #1 after the first BCS poll.  They must of found their identity over the layoff.  The Bucks lost their edge and swagger over the 51 day layoff and the writers provided Florida with enough quotes and fuel for their fire to come out and play with a chip on their shoulder.

Looks like tOSU will have to rebuild for a few more years and try it again.  I think it's funny to see Florida rise from the ashes the Miami and Florida St. left behind.

T

Offline REDPYRO

• Hey Everybody!
  • Who did what now?
    • MrLevek Productions
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2007, 14:45:32 »
college football D1 has a format for a playoff, its called every other division of college ball except D1...but like travis said it comes down to money. 

And money pays the bills for the coach, the heisman press team, the tutors to do the players homework, the money to give to the boosters to cover up your gun charges, the limo jamal and charliqua need to get to the games and so on.

I think it would be great to go over the book and acedemics of every program and strip out the cheaters and ban them from having a program for 2 years for each violation.  That would be awesome.