2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Does it ever end?  (Read 1463 times)

Offline Twizted1

• Adult
Does it ever end?
« on: January 23, 2014, 10:50:47 »
Ugh. I was just getting ready to order an apex tomorrow. So close. Haven't had water since 4pm yesterday. Found out it's my well pump. At least at this point, that's the best thing it would be. Hope my well didn't go bad. O'well, maybe someday. It'll take me a couple weeks to save the money back up this time of year.

Offline BuckeyeFan

• Adult
Re: Does it ever end?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 11:42:28 »

Ugh. I was just getting ready to order an apex tomorrow. So close. Haven't had water since 4pm yesterday. Found out it's my well pump. At least at this point, that's the best thing it would be. Hope my well didn't go bad. O'well, maybe someday. It'll take me a couple weeks to save the money back up this time of year.
Had that problem a few years ago . Thought it was the well too but to come find out it was just my pressure tank ! Hope all works out well for you too..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline jake

• Adult
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 14:08:59 »
Could also be frozen somewhere in the line. I am running all over town down here repairing burst and or frozen lines.

Offline Twizted1

• Adult
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 14:51:04 »
They came out earlier and checked it. It's the pump for sure. They had to order it. So I have to wait until tomorrow. No water today at all. My main in 6' under and 1" copper. I'm sure it's not frozen. But hope nothing else freezes, not being able to have water through the lines.

Offline Bucknutz

• OH-IO
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 15:38:21 »
you should be proud of that one twizted1.  :not speak:

Offline merlin3

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2014, 09:22:49 »
Had this same problem a year and a half ago.  Tried pressure switch,  pump,  ended up having to replace the whole line.  Not very fun to have to haul that pump up and down several times. Our water will freeze at the line where it enters the house when it starts getting below about 15 so we leave the water running slowly.

Offline Twizted1

• Adult
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2014, 10:00:25 »
We got our water back yesterday. It was the pump. I'm glad that's all It was. This cold is hard on everything, especially water lines. 

Offline Steve

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2014, 11:27:03 »
Does it ever end?  There will be a Day, but as of 11:25 am it is not today? Glad that is all it was Joe. One day at a time, sometimes minute by minute.

Offline Twizted1

• Adult
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2014, 13:38:41 »
Does it ever end?  There will be a Day, but as of 11:25 am it is not today? Glad that is all it was Joe. One day at a time, sometimes minute by minute.

So true. Thanks Steve.

Offline Twizted1

• Adult
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2014, 13:55:02 »
Just a heads up. They are calling for a big storm next week. If the are right and it really happens like they think, we could get up to 20" of snow from it. May be a good time to make sure all your emergency back ups are working. Probably won't get anything. But, better safe than sorry.