2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: It never ends...  (Read 2529 times)

Offline Secondgen

• Lifetime Premium Member
Re: It never ends...
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2007, 15:18:10 »
It could work the other way to in that he will treat him with good care because he knows that you will not put up with any funny business. I do hope Russell gets the care that he needs to get well. I will be hoping, and praying for ya'll. Try to stay on the positive side though I know its hard.

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
  • My munchkins! :)
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2007, 22:54:29 »
UPDATE:  We are now on our 3rd Dr. refusing to get an interpreter.  I wasn't sure where to turn. We were leaning towards the Columbus area but wasn't sure if we needed to head there just yet.  A friend of mines son is an internal medicine Dr. in Cincinnati.  He offered to look at Russell's films and give us an opinion.  I sent all of the X-rays and CT scans and Biopsy reports to him. He called me Monday night and we talked for an hour or so.  Some of what he said was exactly what the first pulmunologist said. It felt good to validate what we had already heard.  He said if he didn't know Russell was only 23 years old he would have thought (based on CT) he was a 60-70 year old person that has smoked all their life.  His lungs are that bad.  So I asked what direction we should take.  He too said he felt like Russell might very well be looking at lung transplantation down the road. He said if it were his son he would without a doubt head to Ohio State.  It just happens that my sister in law is a respiratory therapist at Ohio State University hospital.  I talked with her and she did some checking for me and got the name of the head Dr. of the pulmonary clinic.  Her boss talked with him and he said he would be more than happy to have Russell come down there!  So my family Dr. now has that name and is starting the referral process.  We will hopefully be heading to  Columbus soon!  The timing is good.  Last night we had to take Russell to ER again. He was fine at 1:00 when he left work.  I came home at 5:00 and he had a 102.8 fever and was having trouble breathing.  He wanted to wait until this morning to call the Dr.  I finally convinced him if we go to ER we can get on some IV meds and hopefully come home but if we wait he would most likely be admitted and have to stay.  Turns out I was right. They did some IV antibiotics and steroids and we were able to come back home. Had we waited I would bet my life he would be staying in the hospital right now.  From what the pulmonary Dr. told us after his scope and biopsy, we need to get him on something as soon as he feel the first bit of distress.  He said for now that might be what keeps him out of the hospital. 
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 23:02:50 by micki »

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2007, 23:37:30 »
The latest: Well we spant another 6 hours in ER on Friday night.  Same stuff different night!  Is it July 26 yet???  I just hope we can get some answers. 

mhhauser321

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2007, 01:41:56 »
Hope He gets better I know if I were in your feet, I would need the support

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2007, 07:04:55 »
Thanks Matt.  We have a lot of supportive family and friends.