2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: A few pictures of the south pacific  (Read 1132 times)

Offline Emily

• Scavenger Queen
  • Adult
A few pictures of the south pacific
« on: June 29, 2007, 14:05:18 »
Well, after a very long few weeks, we are finally home from Fiji and Vanuatu.  We learned so much from our traveling experiences.  We lived for 3 days in just a pair of jeans since our luggage didn't make it to Fiji.  Then a bunch of little stuff happened.  Then We were delayed in Vanuatu, which meant we missed the plane trip from Fiji to LAX and then missed the domestic plane, so we had to be stuck in Fiji for an extra 24 hours (sounds nicce, but we wanted to get home) and then had a 10 hour layover in LAX and took another redeye flight home and got home yesterday.  We were exhausted...neither of us can sleep in airplanes so we were up for over 44 hours with no sleep.  Anyway, here are some pictures from our trip.  We took HUNDREDS i think, so this is only a very few.  We don't have any underwater pictures back yet, but when we get them back, we will pick out a few good ones and post them.  Hopefully some of them turn out well.  We hope tog et a digital underwater camera for next big trip.

Here is a Vanuatu sunset:)  We loved watching it

A full rainbow we saw in Santo Esprito (vanuatu)

A partial rainbow in Fiji at our resort

One of the waterfalls we climbed up to in Fiji

View from the climb up to the waterfalls in Fiji

These were some of the young sea turtles our resort caught as babies.  They are taking care of them until they are big enough to have a good chance of surviving.

A view from our resort in Fiji.

This was a Volcano in Tanna Vanuatu that we traveled to and climbed.  We were up on the edge of it while it was exploding.  It was awesome!!!  Sounded like an intense thunderstorm with a littlevibration coming though.  Talk about thrilling!!!

This is an awesome kid dancing among a group of men (and 4 other older boys) in one of the tribal dances.  This little one had that dance down!!  He knew all the moves and all the chants to it and he has a set of lungs.  He was amazing.:)

I will continue browsing the pictures and if I come across any other awesome pics, I will post some more.  I can't wait to get the underwater pics back!!
Emily

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
  • My munchkins! :)
Re: A few pictures of the south pacific
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 21:05:29 »
Wow very cool Emily!  Thanks for sharing!!!  Sorry things didn't go as you had hoped but sounds like a nice trip none the less.  :)

Offline aquavista99

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 23:48:44 »
Fiji is on my list of must see places as well. Your pictures are very nice. Thanks for sharing!

mhhauser321

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2007, 00:06:02 »
Cool Did you get to see where they get the live rock.

Offline verper

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2007, 10:52:25 »
Cool Did you get to see where they get the live rock.

Look at the first picture.  I'm pretty sure they get it out there somewhere  ;) :D

mhhauser321

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007, 00:02:45 »
HAHA I am ROFL