2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: I visited Joel Today1  (Read 2616 times)

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
  • My munchkins! :)
I visited Joel Today1
« on: November 24, 2007, 19:01:14 »
I was finally able to get down to Joel's place today!  :)  I got something for my reef tank and something for my FOWLR tank! 

I got a Picasso trigger for the downstairs tank and a copper band butterfly fish for the reef.  The lunar wrasse is really hitting the Picasso pretty hard. I finally just turned the lights out.  It ate while still in the bucket drip acclimating.  I fed the tank before and then a little more after.  The Picasso was eating after it was in the tank!  The wrasse was kicking it and yet it still continued to eat.  I finally turned the lights out.  I'm hoping it will give the wrasse a taste of it's own medicine tomorrow!

As for the CBB.  I fed the reef before I put it in and then more after I out it in.  It actually ate after it was introduced to the tank!  However my yellow tang was chasing it around a bit I turned those lights off as well. I was really happy that it ate as soon as I put it in the tank.

Offline reefman

• Adult
Re: I visited Joel Today1
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2007, 19:38:13 »
Nice fish!

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2007, 19:39:51 »
Thank you!  :)

Offline Secondgen

• Lifetime Premium Member
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2007, 20:24:34 »
Very nice fish Micki. You just can't beat the prices, or the quality of animals from Joel's can ya.

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2007, 20:26:51 »
Nope, he is the best! 
« Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 10:13:22 by micki »

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2007, 10:14:57 »
Well, the picasso ate like a PIG today!  He is running the tank!  No more problems with him and the lunar wrasse. ;D  He is getting along with everyone else too.

The CBB ate a little today.  The YT continues to chase her around but I don't think as bad as last night.   

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2007, 17:53:59 »
Good news on the CBB!  Every time I've fed the tank she has eaten!  Today she is really out and about and almost went to the middle of the tank with the others during feeding time.  She did back off but tracked down some food and went at it!  She is constantly picking at the rocks and I "think" she nipped at an aptasia a few times.  All in all in thrilled!  ;D   

The picasso trigger is running the tank and even fighting with the lunar wrasse for food.  A much different scenario than Saturday.  :)   

Offline Secondgen

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2007, 17:59:50 »
Thats good to hear Micki. CBBs are very good looking fish, and alot of the reading material about them usually talks about how hard they are to keep because they don't eat prepared foods very well. Congrats, you got a good one. ;D

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2007, 19:00:58 »
That was my fear of not getting one.  I hope it continues to want to eat!  :)   Joel gets good ones!!!  ;)

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2007, 22:01:46 »
Update on the CBB:  This fish eats like a PIG!  It now goes into the middle of the tank with the rest of the fish at feeding time.  She chases down the food like there is no tomorrow!  I fed the tank flaked food and she went for that too!  I'm really excited!  ;D 

Offline Secondgen

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2007, 22:22:08 »
Thats great news Micki.